The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Uniqueness wasn't a factor for my purchase decision - but the GT350s are significantly rarer than standard mustangs - they produced 30,000 over a 6 year period. Over the same time, they produced 600,000 regular mustangs.

kinda hard to compare i guess - the mustang early 60s, the SL goes back to the mid 50s -
so you can say you have 1 of 30,000, of 10,000,000

i guess it isn't an order of magnitude apart in special model vs total production.

1 of 8,000, of 500,000 SLs.
or if special model SL about 30,000 (sl500, sl600, slxx AMG)

SL 55 AMG

2003 3095
2004 2280
2005 1072
2006 860
2007 583
2008 464

still kicking myself about the SL600 1 of 4000ish - there are more Ferrari f430s

rick81721

Lothar
kinda hard to compare i guess - the mustang early 60s, the SL goes back to the mid 50s -
so you can say you have 1 of 30,000, of 10,000,000

i guess it isn't an order of magnitude apart in special model vs total production.

1 of 8,000, of 500,000 SLs.
or if special model SL about 30,000 (sl500, sl600, slxx AMG)

SL 55 AMG

2003 3095
2004 2280
2005 1072
2006 860
2007 583
2008 464

still kicking myself about the SL600 1 of 4000ish - there are more Ferrari f430s

If I ever bought a MB (and I wouldn't - they are the original and still grandmasters of omc (old man cars)) - this is the only one to get - AMG GTR. Rarely see them, great performance, and the only MB that looks and sounds different from the rest

$_57.jpg

GTCHAMPION1

I'm not sure where that SL55 is going to end up -
prices seem all over the place with that model.
Red paint issues?

@GTCHAMPION1 - any insight?

of course i'd need to upgrade the intercooler pump and boost the psi on the supercharger......and a performance tune....
No issues at all with it, you don't even need to upgrade the SL55, it smokes most modify Corvettes off the line, it is super fun to drive too. Just make sure you get the MO tires for it or some really high performance tires so you don't get any traction issues... Trust me, I used to test drive those cars all the time.

GTCHAMPION1

they donk'd a vette?

you drive a mustang.

---

the SL55 AMG with a quick mod reaches about 600hp. not horrible.
stock 0-60 4.5s, and nobody says look at the old man in the sports car. :D
now to remove the 155mph speed limiter. at which point a cross wind will send it airborne.
I had half of the customers complaining about the car getting up to 155mph pretty quick but will not go faster than that lol... Renntec, Weistec and Brabus have some tunes for the R230 chassis

GTCHAMPION1

Happened to see this AMG SLS yesterday. Thought it was a GTR at first.
View attachment 157156

the SL55 AMG with a quick mod reaches about 600hp. not horrible.
stock 0-60 4.5s, and nobody says look at the old man in the sports car. :D
The Kompressor gives you instant boost at all times, so acceleration will always be the same as the V12 up to around 95mph, the 0-60 in 4.5s was just for the brochure to make it sound less of a race car in society, just like the heavier S55, CL55, S65 and S63 will say 0-60 in 4.5, but the SL55 manages to do 0-60 in 3.7s running 95 octane unleaded and Michelin Sport Cup 2 R. A light tune might make you pee on your pants or smoke exotics lol. You can always shop Hoosier tires or Mikey Thompson ...I have seen some low brand tires that just make the ESP light go crazy (traction control) and you'll go nowhere, and don't even think about turning the ESP off... Trust me it is dangerous lol

GTCHAMPION1

@Patrick Before I forget, make sure the SL55 you looking for has genuine Mercedes-Benz batteries... yes! 2 batteries, a starter battery at front on the right side bulkhead of the engine bay and the big systems battery in the center of the trunk, make sure the batteries are rated on EN and not CCA, INTERSTATE makes the batteries for Mercedes. The issues with aftermarket batteries for this vehicles is that they may set annoying messages on the instrument cluster like the Red battery light which if the year of SL55 you pick may have a BCM(battery control module) or a battery sensor, and it may also cause issues for a non experience technician to diagnose problems even at a Mercedes dealer. A lot of customers that don't want to spend the money on decent parts get pretty upset after installing some PepBoys batteries and then bringing the car to the dealer because they cannot figure out the issues that the car is having. Usually we get cars with the SBC light on(Sensotronic Brake Control) with new batteries and batteries that even pass the Midtronics test, and another issue is brakes. DO NOT downgrade the vehicles performance by getting the wrong aftermarket brakes, I don't try to scare you, just be careful if you are not getting factory brakes, get Brembos. I know... still expensive but you need to stop lol. ...and one last thing, make sure the Vario Roof seals are not leaking, since the vehicle may sit out in the sun for days, the convertible top seals may get dry rotten letting water sip in(that's if previous owner(s) did not take care of the vehicle), just be careful with that before your purchase and you will be all set to have a super car :thumbsup:

Let me leave some SLS love here I did the Airbag recall a little while ago lol...
leIMG_20190701_114921697.jpgIMG_20190701_164335412.jpgIMG_20190701_164522500.jpgIMG_20190701_162827926.jpgIMG_20190701_162839903.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190701_162845090.jpg
    IMG_20190701_162845090.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 3

iman29

@Patrick Before I forget, make sure the SL55 you looking for has genuine Mercedes-Benz batteries... yes! 2 batteries, a starter battery at front on the right side bulkhead of the engine bay and the big systems battery in the center of the trunk, make sure the batteries are rated on EN and not CCA, INTERSTATE makes the batteries for Mercedes. The issues with aftermarket batteries for this vehicles is that they may set annoying messages on the instrument cluster like the Red battery light which if the year of SL55 you pick may have a BCM(battery control module) or a battery sensor, and it may also cause issues for a non experience technician to diagnose problems even at a Mercedes dealer. A lot of customers that don't want to spend the money on decent parts get pretty upset after installing some PepBoys batteries and then bringing the car to the dealer because they cannot figure out the issues that the car is having. Usually we get cars with the SBC light on(Sensotronic Brake Control) with new batteries and batteries that even pass the Midtronics test, and another issue is brakes. DO NOT downgrade the vehicles performance by getting the wrong aftermarket brakes, I don't try to scare you, just be careful if you are not getting factory brakes, get Brembos. I know... still expensive but you need to stop lol. ...and one last thing, make sure the Vario Roof seals are not leaking, since the vehicle may sit out in the sun for days, the convertible top seals may get dry rotten letting water sip in(that's if previous owner(s) did not take care of the vehicle), just be careful with that before your purchase and you will be all set to have a super car :thumbsup:

Let me leave some SLS love here I did the Airbag recall a little while ago lol...
leView attachment 157235View attachment 157236View attachment 157238View attachment 157239View attachment 157240

Great now all you have to do is bid @Patrick

You can always wrap it in matte red. lol.

Top Bottom