The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
My spouse would like to replace the Geo Metro Convertible with a roadster from
the late 1950s, through 60s - maybe a little later. no need for matching numbers,
and restomod would be great. can need paint and a little work, but not something from the farm field.

i was thinking jag xk! but too $$$ and she says it is too 'burly'

currently she likes the look of

Nash-Healy (1951 version) - i'd imagine these are impossible to find, and way too much $$$
Fiat 124
356b (Replica seems reasonable?)
Karmann Ghia (for example only)
Corvair (no, just no)
MGB
TR4/TR5 (maybe)
56-62 Corvette - now we are talking - drop in a 327 with a modern transmission....i can dream.
Amphicar 770 - :dead:

what else is in this class of car ?
Where would you source it?

what she doesn't want:
Muscle
Pony
Anything that the governor and his family would use in a parade
Street Rod (when can i start the hemi t-bucket project?)
wheel base of the TR7 and Bronco 2 are similar (bronco 9" longer) - how about an off-road TR7 with 12" of lift?

Thoughts? Pictures?

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Patrick i know someone with multiple mgb convertibles, may be interested in selling one. Should i enquire?

Patrick

Staff member
@Patrick i know someone with multiple mgb convertibles, may be interested in selling one. Should i enquire?

very early in the search, probably premature. Will see how it plays-out over the next couple months.
Thanks!!!

JerseyPete

As a former British car nut, I would suggest a Boxster. Too many hours spent on MG and Triumph and Jags. Porsche makes great cars.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
60163118_327896534444629_9210798203719622730_n.jpg

Patrick

Staff member
As a former British car nut, I would suggest a Boxster. Too many hours spent on MG and Triumph and Jags. Porsche makes great cars.

I like the boxster - she isn't fond of the porsche nose....i'll send her a couple pics of the early 2000s version.

the one thing about the early cars is if i can get the parts, i can fix it. Assuming i don't have to weld a frame, but we have people for that!!!

JerseyPete

I like the boxster - she isn't fond of the porsche nose....i'll send her a couple pics of the early 2000s version.

the one thing about the early cars is if i can get the parts, i can fix it. Assuming i don't have to weld a frame, but we have people for that!!!
I used to be an MG nut. I will PM you a list of things that you should know before hand. If she really wants one, 1972 is one of the better years.

Top Bottom