The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
might have to go away from the TR3 and MGA - need to get The Queen in the presence of one (or the other way around?)
I like the TR6 - but she has an issue with the tail (also the 124)

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
might have to go away from the TR3 and MGA - need to get The Queen in the presence of one (or the other way around?)
I like the TR6 - but she has an issue with the tail (also the 124)
My mother took her road test in a TR3a while pregnant with me. Instructor walked over to the car and saw it. Told he'd go find someone younger to give her the road test. They sold it when she was to big to get in and out of it. All my fault.

JerseyPete

Daddy wants!

View attachment 155047
Sold for less than $24K. Isn't there a M-B mechanic on board that can tell you how much that car would cost to maintain for say 5 years?
I know nothing about Mercedes Benz.

Patrick

Staff member
Sold for less than $24K. Isn't there a M-B mechanic on board that can tell you how much that car would cost to maintain for say 5 years?
I know nothing about Mercedes Benz.
I backed off. The other bidder wasn't going to. 😀

Last edited:

JerseyPete

I backed off. The other bidder want going to. 😀
Probably a smart move. I looked at the winner of that one TR3 and that guy was bent on getting one.
As for the M-B, how much do they cost on repairs and parts? Say an alternator or cat convertor? I would think those two items alone would run up a bill, but I have no experience.

Patrick

Staff member
Probably a smart move. I looked at the winner of that one TR3 and that guy was bent on getting one.
As for the M-B, how much do they cost on repairs and parts? Say an alternator or cat convertor? I would think those two items alone would run up a bill, but I have no experience.
@GTCHAMPION1 is our MB guy.
I'm sure repairs are costly. I can wrench the simple stuff. I think those cars may be at their lowest value now.

GTCHAMPION1

Daddy wants!

View attachment 155047
That R230 V12 is stupid fast, and maintenance is not really costly if you know the right people 😉 ... specially if it's just a summer car it will be a car that will not have much wear and tear, they are probably some of the most reliable cars I seen, this is something Mercedes always put all their pride and attention on cars like this

Patrick

Staff member
That R230 V12 is stupid fast, and maintenance is not really costly if you know the right people 😉 ... specially if it's just a summer car it will be a car that will not have much wear and tear, they are probably some of the most reliable cars I seen, this is something Mercedes always put all their pride and attention on cars like this

i love that car - always wanted one. I just got the feeling the other bidder wanted it,
and her bid was going to be higher than mine no matter what - so no need to run it up.
it is nice to know a guy!

I heard they can be tuned up a bit to add another 100hp without much work.

JerseyPete

i love that car - always wanted one. I just got the feeling the other bidder wanted it,
and her bid was going to be higher than mine no matter what - so no need to run it up.
it is nice to know a guy!

I heard they can be tuned up a bit to add another 100hp without much work.
How about a 500 that is in Moonachie NJ?

great, now I am looking at these now...

Patrick

Staff member
How about a 500 that is in Moonachie NJ?

great, now I am looking at these now...

v8 vs v12....
still just a great looking car. low miles. check their scatter chart -
should go low to mid $20s

Top Bottom