The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is the way to go. Why get an old, unsafe, unreliable, underpowered piece of crap when you can get brand new and more fun to drive?

Because it's fun to work on a car? Or there's an excitement of pushing an underpowered, under-suspensioned car to it's limits that you can't do with a modern car?

Cruising around in a classic car can be way more fun than cruising around in a modern car. Let's face it, most people are cruising. Hardly anyone actually pushes any modern car to their limits on public roads. Nor should they.

rick81721

Lothar
Because it's fun to work on a car? Or there's an excitement of pushing an underpowered, under-suspensioned car to it's limits that you can't do with a modern car?

Cruising around in a classic car can be way more fun than cruising around in a modern car. Let's face it, most people are cruising. Hardly anyone actually pushes any modern car to their limits on public roads. Nor should they.

I meant for Pat's situation i.e. a wifey car. Agree for us - I still plan to get a 60s mustang to work on

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I meant for Pat's situation i.e. a wifey car. Agree for us - I still plan to get a 60s mustang to work on

As someone who's been-there-done-that, the 60s Mustang is a great way to go. You don't actually own it, you're borrowing it from the universe. Buy it, drive it for awhile, get bored with it, sell it and move on. Very common, always in demand, parts easy to get and the knowledge for repairs is there.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I sat in the fiat 124. I fit!

It’s a Mazda with a different body pretty much. If you’re getting one go with the Abarth. Leather seats with tuned suspension and exhaust.

Top Bottom