The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

JerseyPete

1960_triumph_tr3a_16129804396e7dff9f98764da1960_triumph_tr3a_161298043865ef66e7dff9f98769655af01-d8ed-4f21-8fb1-9aa92bb1315b-VzcDwI-scaled.jpg

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1960-triumph-tr3a-23/
Out of all the cars posted, this has been my favorite.
@Patrick does the Queen look at some of the posts you deem worth her time, and what has been her favorite so far?

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
69 vette convertable red?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Out of all the cars posted, this has been my favorite.
@Patrick does the Queen look at some of the posts you deem worth her time, and what has been her favorite so far?
She does look.
Loved the Alpine, tr3,and the bugeyes. Mgb.

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
69 vette convertable red?

Poo-poo'd the '69

Neighbor had his split window coupe out today.

JerseyPete

She does look.
Loved the Alpine, tr3,and the bugeyes. Mgb.
My Sunbeam Alpine was the one car I hated the most out of all cars owned. If we ever ride together, I will tell you the many reasons why.
TR3 is the most classic out of that list. $$$ but it really looks great compared to the others.
MGB, despite the page long list of things to look out for, is probably the most reliable and easily supported.
Bugeye/Sprite/Midget is the most cute/fun sportscar of them all. Like having a Rupp mini-bike with 3-1/2 HP Briggs engine. It's not the power that matters, but how much fun you have with it.

Tough call. This could take a few more years to sort out and get the right one.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
My Sunbeam Alpine was the one car I hated the most out of all cars owned. If we ever ride together, I will tell you the many reasons why.
TR3 is the most classic out of that list. $$$ but it really looks great compared to the others.
MGB, despite the page long list of things to look out for, is probably the most reliable and easily supported.
Bugeye/Sprite/Midget is the most cute/fun sportscar of them all. Like having a Rupp mini-bike with 3-1/2 HP Briggs engine. It's not the power that matters, but how much fun you have with it.

Tough call. This could take a few more years to sort out and get the right one.
I'd like to know why you didn't like the Alpine. They look so cool. Is it something a Ford V8 would solve? Who do need to protect, do you own Sunbeam? 😂

JerseyPete

I'd like to know why you didn't like the Alpine. They look so cool. Is it something a Ford V8 would solve? Who do need to protect, do you own Sunbeam? 😂
It was the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. The manufacturing tolerances were horrible along with every part being the cheapest material and process. One of my many quirks is that I buy more than one of something; several MG B's, 914's, F150's, Chevy II's, Fiat's etc. I went to buy another Alpine and as I spoke with the owner about the issues I knew of, he mentioned a bunch more. I declined buying it, $700 in the late 80's somewhere in Clifton. I'm guessing the Tiger with the V8 is more sorted out than the cheaper Alpines.

I think the Queen deserves better than an Alpine.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
watching! I have a cousin in v.beach too.
Like some of the comments already, this is probably a decent "driver" but nowhere close to a restoration. If that's what you want great, but my bet is that this thing looks a lot rougher in person than in the photos. If you can get it at a good price, I bet it would be a fun ride. I would look at it before spending any significant cash.

Patrick

Staff member
Like some of the comments already, this is probably a decent "driver" but nowhere close to a restoration. If that's what you want great, but my bet is that this thing looks a lot rougher in person than in the photos. If you can get it at a good price, I bet it would be a fun ride. I would look at it before spending any significant cash.

I might travel to see it if the price doesn't get out of hand.

JerseyPete

Agree 100%. What do you think, $15-$18K?

Top Bottom