The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
1960_triumph_tr3a_16129804396e7dff9f98764da1960_triumph_tr3a_161298043865ef66e7dff9f98769655af01-d8ed-4f21-8fb1-9aa92bb1315b-VzcDwI-scaled.jpg

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1960-triumph-tr3a-23/

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
@Patrick this is a good one and @rick81721 can drive it up. I'm sure he can drive it like his Mustang and force it to perform just as good.
I didn't see if it comes with the arm breaking hand crank starter.
When my dad picked up his new TR3a my grandfather followed him home from the dealer. He honked at my dad to pull over. Wanted to know why he was swerving at every shift? My dad said the clutch was so stiff he could barely press it down.

mwlikesbikes

Just paint it red. It'll be the only one in the hood.

All my life, I have searched for a car that feels a certain way. Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball. Now, at last, I have found it.HOMER SIMPSON

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
Saw this on Craigslist this morning, posted 9 hours ago. No pictures, just a list of what was done to this "barn find". At least it seems close by in Annandale..

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

JerseyPete

she likes the TR3 better (so do i)
If it stays under $30K, that is a really well sorted out car. It is truly a classic, more so than the MGB and Midget and the TR6 and Spitfires. Honestly, even an MG A would not be as classic as that TR3. The only thing close would be an XK Jaguar. Years ago a saw a red XK120 ripping around. I asked what motor he had, 3.8 tri carb off an XK-E with a gold head!
Get the TR3.

Patrick

Staff member
If it stays under $30K, that is a really well sorted out car. It is truly a classic, more so than the MGB and Midget and the TR6 and Spitfires. Honestly, even an MG A would not be as classic as that TR3. The only thing close would be an XK Jaguar. Years ago a saw a red XK120 ripping around. I asked what motor he had, 3.8 tri carb off an XK-E with a gold head!
Get the TR3.

i was planning on getting up around 30 - thanks for the confirmation. Good looking car - unique, which is important.
she really liked it - although i found a '58 C2 for $85k..... :D

JerseyPete

I don't know what you and the Queen have your heart set on but in my opinion;
TR2, TR3, Austin Healey 3000 and 100-6 should be under $30K fully restored.
Triumph Stag $20K
MG A, Bugeye Sprite, $15K
Pre 1974 MG B, MG Midget, Triumph TR250, TR4, TR6 and Spitfire should be $10K.
Then again it has been years and I may be out of touch.

Patrick

Staff member
Triumph Stag $20K

i think there is some pandemic bidding - your number for the TR3 seems right in line.
BaT has their results graphed by model - here is the TR3 page.

1616497945930.png

if i knew a bit more about identifying a decent restoration project, i could put some sweat equity in, and send it out for paint,
proper trimmings. But i'd rather just spend $$ ! stimulate the economy, doing my part ;)

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Triumph Stag $20K
I know the Caymans I've been shopping have been going up in price rather than down as they get another year older.

Patrick

Staff member
Top Bottom