The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

You would have regretted it! The new owner's first drive ended in a stream of oil from a leaking high pressure line. He's happy because it's a fun project but I really thought he overpaid compared to other BaT transactions of much cleaner cars. I got the impression that $31k is just play money for him though.

Those things look too much like 280Zs and Supras. Probably slower, too

Is he still in the area? I'll look out for the blue 512 if so.
He lives out on Kings Hwy now. Other cars of note you may have seen over the years: Silver Ferrari 330 (sold), Carrera GT (sold), Caterham, Datsun S2000, Etype coupe, blue Ford GT, black Porsche GT2. Despite all the hardware, this time of year he drives a 2005ish Mini Cooper S with a bunch of stickers that he bought from a mutual friend for $5k!

Kiely (the construction guy) has a new Ford GT somewhere around there. A guy on Navesink owns 2 or 3 Bugattis. Crazy stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: don
He lives out on Kings Hwy now. Other cars of note you may have seen over the years: Silver Ferrari 330 (sold), Carrera GT (sold), Caterham, Datsun S2000, Etype coupe, blue Ford GT, black Porsche GT2. Despite all the hardware, this time of year he drives a 2005ish Mini Cooper S with a bunch of stickers that he bought from a mutual friend for $5k!

Kiely (the construction guy) has a new Ford GT somewhere around there. A guy on Navesink owns 2 or 3 Bugattis. Crazy stuff.

Man - I must keep missing these beauties or I don't get around as much as I thought. I'll keep my eyes on the lookout for the other ones 👍

i forgot to get on yesterday and missed a midget down in MD. right in the price range too.
could have towed it home myself.

I think I'm gonna go and make an offer on that burgo MX5 I sent you so long ago. It's still there, and those rotors are RUSTY. Prolly call them for a test drive then they gotta scramble, wonder if it will even start, much less wheels roll.

@Patrick wife's requirements for a convertible:
Not to old
Not to new
Ewww to British
Ewww not American
Ewww to sporty
That's perfect, crap 3 pedals.
Nice but not enough power
Lovely, but only have 5 cylinders
Ewww, I love it, but a removable hardtops not a convertible.
@Patrick it's lovely. Sorry honey, no way to transport a bike on it.
Ewww rubber bumpers.

Too much/too little power
Too many doors, not ebought
Too sporty
It looks like an old cougar would drive it

@Patrick wife's requirements for a convertible:
Not to old
Not to new
Ewww to British
Ewww not American
Ewww to sporty
That's perfect, crap 3 pedals.
Nice but not enough power
Lovely, but only have 5 cylinders
Ewww, I love it, but a removable hardtops not a convertible.
@Patrick it's lovely. Sorry honey, no way to transport a bike on it.
Ewww rubber bumpers.

Too much/too little power
Too many doors, not ebought
Too sporty
It looks like an old cougar would drive it
Apparently I have problems with to and too. I'm really glad I wasn't using breaks instead of brakes.

Just paint it red. It'll be the only one in the hood.

1969_mg_mgb_1615231344ccbcbe7rfqtr.jpg

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-mg-mgb-27/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom