The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

Dingo

What? Ours is 26 years old, 130,000mi, i replaced the top, timing belt, and the air filter every spring cause the mice steal it.
it currently has a parasitic draw problem....almost .5 amps, on the list of things to fix. oh, and it is that color too!
Can't find the pic of @mattybfat in it....
46mpg - maybe @THATmanMANNY would like to buy it?
A 500mA draw? You should be able to find that with a IR heat gun. Just poke around until you find something warmer than ambient air temperature. Diode in the alternator first guess.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
A 500mA draw? You should be able to find that with a IR heat gun. Just poke around until you find something warmer than ambient air temperature. Diode in the alternator first guess.

thanks - there is a relay in the under-hood box - i think it is labeled "junction" - which i pulled and took out .38 amps.
there is also a small draw in the lighting circuit (pulled in-cabin fuse) - i should just put in a "master off" like an airplane.
it isn't the cabin light, there isn't an under hood. the dash lights aren't stuck on, no glove box light....etc. i need to disconnect
the radio too - it is an aftermarket jenson - pos.

will disconnect the alternator and see if i owe you one!

Dingo

thanks - there is a relay in the under-hood box - i think it is labeled "junction" - which i pulled and took out .38 amps.
there is also a small draw in the lighting circuit (pulled in-cabin fuse) - i should just put in a "master off" like an airplane.
it isn't the cabin light, there isn't an under hood. the dash lights aren't stuck on, no glove box light....etc. i need to disconnect
the radio too - it is an aftermarket jenson - pos.

will disconnect the alternator and see if i owe you one!
Radio second guess. Using the temp gun is quick and dirty, but a real time saver.

Kaleidopete

My spouse would like to replace the Geo Metro Convertible with a roadster from
the late 1950s, through 60s - maybe a little later. no need for matching numbers,
and restomod would be great. can need paint and a little work, but not something from the farm field.

i was thinking jag xk! but too $$$ and she says it is too 'burly'

currently she likes the look of

Nash-Healy (1951 version) - i'd imagine these are impossible to find, and way too much $$$
Fiat 124
356b (Replica seems reasonable?)
Karmann Ghia (for example only)
Corvair (no, just no)
MGB
TR4/TR5 (maybe)
56-62 Corvette - now we are talking - drop in a 327 with a modern transmission....i can dream.
Amphicar 770 - :dead:

what else is in this class of car ?
Where would you source it?

what she doesn't want:
Muscle
Pony
Anything that the governor and his family would use in a parade
Street Rod (when can i start the hemi t-bucket project?)
wheel base of the TR7 and Bronco 2 are similar (bronco 9" longer) - how about an off-road TR7 with 12" of lift?

Thoughts? Pictures?
ebay301009.jpg

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Austin Healey 3000
Bugeyed Sprite
or
Sunbeam Alpine (mid 60s)

If you go with an MGB stay away from the rubber bumpers. Conversion to chrome bumpers is a pain and they are smog machines.

I had an old Volvo P1800 I played with in high school. Fun cars. There are convertibles floating around out there of those.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
1960_porsche_356b_cabriolet_1530911088d565ef66e7dff9f356bd-940x705.jpg
sc0516-251685_1@2x.jpg

Top Bottom