The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

JerseyPete

@JerseyPete ?
That one is nice. The engine is small and you won't be going anywhere fast. They came with a 950 and when Austin/MG merged they got the 1250, but I don't think the bugeye got them. The bonnet opened like a Spitfire/E-type where it tilts forward. Some open regular with the whole front lifting with it.
They are small, very small. I knew 2 people who had the bugeye's and several with regular Sprites and also MG Midget (same car, think Chevy Nova/Buick Apollo).
It is red, a classic and easily worked on.
BTW, have you ever sat in a Sprite/Midget? You should before bidding on one. Small and VERY low to the ground.

JerseyPete

Now that my memory is a bit more jogged, no door handles (open by handlle on the inside) no roll up windows (pieces of plastic that you put in the door) and I think the motors blow easily, and the rear end. Or at least that is what we used to replace the most.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That one is nice. The engine is small and you won't be going anywhere fast. They came with a 950 and when Austin/MG merged they got the 1250, but I don't think the bugeye got them. The bonnet opened like a Spitfire/E-type where it tilts forward. Some open regular with the whole front lifting with it.
They are small, very small. I knew 2 people who had the bugeye's and several with regular Sprites and also MG Midget (same car, think Chevy Nova/Buick Apollo).
BTW, have you ever sat in a Sprite/Midget? You should before bidding on one. Small and VERY low to the ground.

I've been in a midget - interesting feeling. Always felt like it could use one of those orange flags!
This one includes an extra 1250 engine. so i get a project right out of the gate.
flip forward looks like an excellent mod.

thanks!

JerseyPete

Even in my MGB's, trucks and SUV's cannot see you if they are not looking down. You also get headlights in your eyes and mirror due to the height as well.
Do not parallel park, as people will crunch into the hood because they can't see it.
Overall it is a fun second car. My B's and 914's were primary cars and autocross cars. Either a Miata or Boxster would be a nice secondary car for me.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Even in my MGB's, trucks and SUV's cannot see you if they are not looking down. You also get headlights in your eyes and mirror due to the height as well.
Do not parallel park, as people will crunch into the hood because they can't see it.
Overall it is a fun second car. My B's and 914's were primary cars and autocross cars. Either a Miata or Boxster would be a nice secondary car for me.
When my dad had a Triumph TR3a back in the 50’s he was sitting at a traffic light with zero cars around him and a garbage truck drove right into the back of it. Never saw it.

Patrick

Staff member
When my dad had a Triumph TR3a back in the 50’s he was sitting at a traffic light with zero cars around him and a garbage truck drove right into the back of it. Never saw it.

ugh - i did have a fiero, not only was it low, it wasn't that nice to look at, so in some sort of double whammy, the defensive driving/always alert skill was developed.

Reactions: don

JerseyPete

I could see Patrick going for this:
And it has NJ plates but was in FL. @rick81721 could have driven it up.

Patrick

Staff member
You still have time for a reasonably priced Ferrari.

i saw that - build up a tubular frame and hide a flat 6 in there.
drop this on top, paint it red.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I can’t believe my father drove one of those cross country 3 times and down to Florida a few times. Before he passed away driving from NY to NJ was too far for him. Must have been the fun car.

rick81721

Lothar

This is the fakest thread ever - a better title would be "the queen wants a classic convertible and may or may not get one in the next 10 years" 😛

Patrick

Staff member
This is the fakest thread ever - a better title would be "the queen wants a classic convertible and may or may not get one in the next 10 years" 😛

the joker wants something a bit more spirited, but doesn't have the extra 6 figures around, might be what's at odds.

Patrick

Staff member

well. i tried!
bid is up a bit, but someone wanted it.

Top Bottom