The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
They will be bringing it down in the next couple hours.
of course the back window is ripped and it is going to be raining.
FML -

i think the guy is pissed he couldn't upsell the tag, and it was assigned to him
by the BaT guy over there - and it sold for less than expected.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
GO DO IT NOW. Cops don't stop cars in the rain. Ask me how I know!
I have a friend who's a Piscataway Cop. A guy once pulled some stupid maneuver right in front of the squad car in the pouring rain. Guy knew he was screwed and just pulled over and waited. As my friend jumps out of his car he accidentally slams his own hand in the door. He got back in the squad car and just waited for the guy to drive away as his hand was swelling up. Said if he walked over to the guy in the pouring rain with his hand in pain he might just shoot him.

Patrick

Staff member
First impressions:

Paint is in better shape than expected. I saw a couple chips in the photos, and expected more - but there weren't .

I expected the top to be destroyed - It looks like it was stored with the top down, so there are marks from the frame.
The description stated the window was cut from being stored down. It looks like it was cut with a knife. Either way. $500 for new roof.

Foam in the vents: I read about this, it has to do with some material they used on the control doors for the A/C and heat. It gets brittle and falls off.
So the temp control will not work correctly - the fix is done while updating the radio. alternate fix is to remove the heater core, and access that way.

Clutch bite is a bit high. actually, all the pedals feel high. at 27,000 miles, it probably doesn't need a clutch, but queue it up for a winter project when i do the IMS upgrade.

I really dislike the multi-color tail lights (and side markers, and headlights.) might spring for these.

1623238884782.png

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
First impressions:

Paint is in better shape than expected. I saw a couple chips in the photos, and expected more - but there weren't .

I expected the top to be destroyed - It looks like it was stored with the top down, so there are marks from the frame.
The description stated the window was cut from being stored down. It looks like it was cut with a knife. Either way. $500 for new roof.

Foam in the vents: I read about this, it has to do with some material they used on the control doors for the A/C and heat. It gets brittle and falls off.
So the temp control will not work correctly - the fix is done while updating the radio. alternate fix is to remove the heater core, and access that way.

Clutch bite is a bit high. actually, all the pedals feel high. at 27,000 miles, it probably doesn't need a clutch, but queue it up for a winter project when i do the IMS upgrade.

I really dislike the multi-color tail lights (and side markers, and headlights.) might spring for these.

View attachment 159472
Can't you just get a new window put in if the rest is in decent shape?

Patrick

Staff member
Can't you just get a new window put in if the rest is in decent shape?

I was told the people that do marine tops can do it.
I'm thinking if i take it off, and have to put it back on, then drop it at a shop, and pick it up, and they charge $300 (??)
i may as well do the new roof. if they can do it for $100 i might feel differently.

JerseyPete

Remove the top completely. You are keeping it in a garage and only using it in nice weather. If you get caught in the rain, speed up and let the aerodynamics keep you dry. This is one of the reasons you bought a Porsche sports car.
Many times my MG's only had a tonneau cover, no top underneath.
BTW, even in winter too. Crank up the heat and enjoy the open air. You are a ragtop guy aren't you??

Patrick

Staff member
Remove the top completely. You are keeping it in a garage and only using it in nice weather. If you get caught in the rain, speed up and let the aerodynamics keep you dry. This is one of the reasons you bought a Porsche sports car.
Many times my MG's only had a tonneau cover, no top underneath.

I was hoping it wouldn't become a bed, or killing field for my cat.
I could just leave the window the way it is. ain't going out with the top up!

Top Bottom