The perils of selling a bike on craigslist...

THATmanMANNY

CL just gets more entertaining

I'm sorry about not replying sooner, I already had promised this to someone else but she hasnt replied to me. Are you still interested?I have to go to an event at my son's school tomorrow but then Ill be around for a couple days. Let me know when youre around.Gladys

Thanks for replying Gladys

Yes i am still interested. Can you tell me the description and Color? I tried looking for listing but i guess you removed. Also what is the table top diameter size?

Thanks
Manny

Hey,

I am really REALLY sorry.. the first person emailed me back, and it turned out her first email landed in the spam folder and I must have missed it. I feel so bad :(

You know, if it's any consolation, I've been earning very good money from this work at home program and theyve just opened up 3 more positions in our area. Basically you make money by posting links on the internet, its very easy and I usually just do it while watching TV.

Heres the link if you want to check it out:
http://www.consumerworld360.com/?article=044140

I've earned about $600 a week since I've been doing it… not enough to leave my job yet but I finally have some extra money in my checking account lol. My sister is planning to sign up later and these positions usually go fast, so I'd appreciate it if you dont share the link with anyone else.

Thanks a lot and again, very sorry about the whole mixup… Gladys

Let me know when you make lots of money from this program and become multi millionaire. Then, we could both leave our jobs and elope.

rlb

You wont believe it but I just bought an ipad for -$27.83. That's right, they paid me to take it! Just go to supervirustrojaninfector.com and post your credit card number.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I led one of the craigslist scammers on for a few weeks one time and it got to the point that they actually fedexed me a real check. The check was obviously linked to a fake or stolen account...

This happened to me last year. Got a check in the mail from an obvious crook and honestly it just bugged me out. CL has become useless for me now except for small kids' stuff. Every time I put something of value on there the only responses I get are, "I will take the item, please take it offline right away and I will send you the requested sum plus an additional $40 for your troubles."

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I get pretty annoyed at the ultra cheap motorcycle and car ads. Not the attempted scam, I reply just to mess with them, or on the off chance it's legit. However many of them claim to be military and that's why they're selling so cheap/fast. I find that incredibly disrespectful.

All the others: Game on! It's absolutely AMAZING how many late model low mileage GSXR's and R1's are sitting in shipping containers...somewhere else. ;)

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Am I the only one who has good luck on CL?

I'll put things up, get someone from Staten Island ($25 bike) NYC ($5 bike mirror) or Glen Ridge ($10 skateboard)

Email or two back and forth, they come and take my garbage away and it doesn't end up in a landfill.

Maybe they only go after people selling things above certain $ amounts?

It's been a LONG time since I've gotten spam. I assume everyone is using gmail?

-Steve

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I sold a 325i on craigslist and it was so fvcked up. I listed it and a guy in Ohio responded "I will take it." OK, Im thinking this is gonna be a waste of my time. His next email is that his friend is going to fly into NWK and meet me at the terminal and exchange cash and title, yea ok. So I ask what flight and he says he's unsure because this guy is the pilot of the aircraft, um ok? And Im gonna count the cake in the front seat with the guy at the pick up terminal. So I got my counterfiet bill marker and drove up there. Rear wheel bearing starts humming on my way, fvck! Im sitting in the terminal with the cabs and stuff and here comes a guy in a pilots outfit, im thinking wow - what a great scam im into here, these guys are def. proffesionals. I count the $$ and dude drives off. Im so freaked out I go to Krugs Irish Tavern and order a guiness. The bar tender laughs at me and shouts across the bar "Who the hell drinks guiness?" and they dont have any, WTF? I proceed to get drunk on bud bottles and eat the famous hot shrimp. Two hours later the pilot is ringing my phone. The pilot called me to say its one of the nicest cars he's ever driven. I wish I knew what airline he work for because if he cant hear a bad wheel bearing I doubt he's to keen on aircrafts.

THATmanMANNY

No, I've had good luck on CL. But i'd say 50% of my emails are spam.

I sold a 325i on craigslist and it was so fvcked up...

Wow-That-s-awesome.jpg

ChrisRU

Am I the only one who has good luck on CL?

No, I've sold hundreds of things on craigslist with very few issues. My biggest problem when you make an arrangement to meet up with someone, settle on a price, time etc, then when you get there they decide to offer you half of the discussed amount. This has happened to me a handful of times. No shows can also be an issue, but I always arrange a meetup somewhere convenient for me so its not too big of a deal.

MikeP

sold alot of stuff, only a few "businessmen from South Africa". I did string the one guy along for awhile and he sent a check, took it to my bank and explained the situation, I was just curious what they thought, they said it looked good but it probably was fake. Told the guy I shipped the item, but he was so nice that I didn't want any money for it. He was insistant I cash it. I said God told me to be a more giving person....he emailed me 3 more times and gave up. The biggest problem with CL I have is people no showing for item pick up or please hold it, then they don't want it 3 days later. So I'm a first come, first serve kinda guy now.

Top Bottom