The perils of selling a bike on craigslist...

He just angry that the emo-fag genre is flooding the fixie scene. It's part of the tightpants revolution, very sad indeed.

NO don't start the" emo-fag "stuff that just will cause the entire thread to go off course....

Man that was funny.kudos for a few of those replies I needed that.Nothing like feeling compelled to have to respond to a completely irrational person, kind of like a spouse. Wait I did not say that Justin did you just hack into my computer???

I can just see him sitting at Supercore in Williamsburg typing his replies into his Macbook. My favorite part was when he switched it up on me and started talking about "building frames" with Yamaguchi. One can PAY a FEE to go to Colorado and attend the Yamaguchi frame building school... A bit like the time I saw Sean Connery boarding the first class section of a flight I took to the UK, am I allowed to say "That time I went flying with Sean Connery"?

Yeh his Helmut Lang jeans must have been too tight, cutting off the circulation to the brain, bless his little heart.

On another note, I did sell the bike to another brooklynite with tight jeans. But a very nice guy, who has already done a bit of racing at Kissena and plans to turn the Panasonic into his race bike. I'm sad to see it go, but at least it's going to get used properly and I got some entertainment thrown in for good measure.

Anyone from Milltown missing a bike?-

1970 schwinn pea picker 5 speed '' krate'' - $700 (milltown nj)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-916252305@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-12, 1:51PM EST

all orig,good cond. complete,local pick up only.sorry don't email for pictures.come with the cash and pick it up.the price is firm.

Al gets the honors of the first stolen bike letter.

yeah, but....

Hey at least he could trackstand and he had heard of Chris Hoy!

His tight pants preclude or negate any cycling skills/ knowledge he may have. Throw the emo music on top of that and it all spells pansy. Haha, I'm only entertaining myself now

The joined distaste of skinny jeans has me liking this board even more. Mountain bikers rule.

And track standing with a fixie is cheating, even if it is where the term came from.

I had no problems selling my truck and hitch mounted bike rack using craigslist. I guess I've been pretty lucky.

selling a car part

Hello, do you still have this item for sale ? When can I come checkit out? Shoot me an email back as soon as possible pls I'm speechdisabled though, remember to leave your name and email address whenyou email back.PS: - You can just reply this email, I'm always with my computer. Regards

(I then felt bad for this schmuck and replied)

Hello and Thanks for writing back but I'm sorry I won't be able tocome see it anymore.Had thought i was going to be in your town to come check it out but myplans got changed impromptu as am embarking on a few weeks businesstrip to NY tomorrow morning but However, am still interested inpurchasing the item anyway.Am actually getting it for my cousin for as a birthday gift. If youcould sell it to me, I will mail you a bank official check to coverthe cost and also add funds to cover the shipping to where it will beneeded as soon as i get to New York.I'll also make arrange for a shipper/mover to handle the pick up anddelivery after you might have confirmed you have your cash at hand infairness to both parties.You can Email me back with a name, address and your phone number towhom and where the check be drawn to.I'll be more than glad if it can be sold to me.Write back soon.Thank you

I'll never try to sell on craigslist again.

I didnt get any funny exchanges. I only got flooded with requests from obvious crooks. i paraphase the dozens of inquiries....

"Would very much like to inquire of bike. I currently am away on business in Russia but would like much to by for cousin who lives nearbuy you. Kindly provide your checking number and I will promptly wire payment. Cousin very much happy to enjoy bike."

I would send the crooks bogus info. One time I had fun with an obvious Nigerian scam artist and was stringing him along for weeks. It was fun.

I led one of the craigslist scammers on for a few weeks one time and it got to the point that they actually fedexed me a real check. The check was obviously linked to a fake or stolen account, so the plan is that you deposit into your account and they hope you are dumb enough to wire them the money. in a couple weeks, your bank freezes your account and you're out whatever money you wired them. They have no interest in "your item".

I went back and forth another time about a King headset I was selling. It was pretty good, but I'm sure those emails are long gone. If I can dig em up, I'll post here.

They must get a lot of poor bastards with this scam if they're willing to spend the 15 or 20 bucks to overnight me a check.

Back
Top Bottom