The Peddler of Long branch?

dogo

I'm surprised there's no mention of this LBS. This shop has everything in it, and I was planning on using them to build my bike since they are only 5 mins away from where I live. Has anyone used there services for anything, and how was it??

Last edited:

Lewie

I'm surprised there's no mention of this LBS. This shop has everything in it, and I was planning on using them to build my bike, since they are only 5 mins away from where I live. Has anyone used there services for anything, and how was it??

I have purchased a bunch of stuff from them, they have always been fair. I purchased my bike however in Atlantic Highlands and not from them, they actually gave me a better deal. Atlantic Cyclery.

I have never had The Peddler do any work or build me anything, but they've been in business for a looong time, so I am sure they are solid.

eriksieb

I have purchased my fair share of things from the Peddler and have had them do work for me in the past. In fact, they built up one of my first bikes about 4 years ago and it was smooth as butter. They have a 3% sales tax which is nice too. Prices can be a bit high but their work has been very good and dependable. Mostly everyone there is easy to work with. Go for it.

al415

Banned
I have a pretty long association with this shop. I've bought plenty of bikes from them and had many "projects" and builds done there. There is a mechanic there (Rich) that I'd rate alongside any pro-team mechanic anywhere. The shop does not have the laid back feel of bike shops that I would hang out in during my mispent youth, but it's a nice professional establishment.

ellbiddy

I've passed by a few times migrating between the shore house and home. Seems like a nice place, the guy I chattered was cool so maybe that helps :p

bozizle

Great Shop

I know the owner (Mike) from atending college at Monmouth and having classes with him. They have a great staff and some great people wrenching their bikes in the back. Mike has really kept that place in top shape since he took over for his father almost 7 or years ago. I always suggest people in that immediate area go see Mike about getting a bike and he usually helps them out. The shop also does some serious road rides on Sundays and mt. bike rides at Hartshorne.

Lewie

I know the owner (Mike) from atending college at Monmouth and having classes with him. They have a great staff and some great people wrenching their bikes in the back. Mike has really kept that place in top shape since he took over for his father almost 7 or years ago. I always suggest people in that immediate area go see Mike about getting a bike and he usually helps them out. The shop also does some serious road rides on Sundays and mt. bike rides at Hartshorne.

I got my B.A. from Monmouth University, nice to see Alum.

Didn't know the new owner was Alum, now I gotta give more support, haha.

B737

Im usually between Brielle cyclery and The Peddler during my travels.

I have found myself favoring The Peddler. Before i purchased my used bike Mike the owner spent a significant amount of his time educating me about the right purchase. Even after not purchasing a bike directly from them i have had nothing but top notch service from The Peddler. They are patient, and always seem to go out of their way to help you out while taking time to explain things to you so your getting just the right part/item or advice.

they rock.

JohnA

The Peddler is an awesome shop, Mike is a class act and really knows his stuff about bikes and bike fits. The staff their really knows their stuff and can solve any problem you through their ways and also give you a smoking deal. Tell Mike John sent you and he will take care of you like you were a Pro.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Just wanted to give a shout out to the Peddler. Brought my bike in to see if they could straighten my derailleur hanger on my steel frame road bike. It was bent pretty bad and they thought it might snap off. They were crazy busy but one of the repair guys took a look at my bike and fixed it right away. It helped that I had the derailleur off. They did it no charge and I tipped the mechanic $5. Framed was saved to ride again.

Ended up buying some hammer gel during my trip.

Top Bottom