The *Other* Thompson Park

B

bubuli

Does anyone here ride Thompson Park in Monroe NJ?

If you see somebody riding alone with a red hardtail that would most likely be me. :D

clutch

I rode there once when I moved back to NJ 4 years ago. The trails are ok, but overall the place is pretty small. It seemed a lot bigger back when I was a boy scout. It's worth it if you're close, but don't drive more than 20 minutes to get there.

bobkennelly

Yet a Third Thompson Park - Monmouth County

If you dont wanna go to the Monroe one, There is one in Lincroft that is big, I was there 3 times this week with various children of mine with the Cross bike. You could really get a good work out in, with a combonation of grass fields and trails and paved walkways, I am sure that you could make a 3 mile or more loop over there..

Bobke

B

bubuli

That's not too far from me, maybe I'll swing by. Is it worth a ride?

well, for me it's really close (i literally ride the bike from home to the place) so if i need a quick ride this is where i go. as for being "worth it," it depends. as clutch said, the place is small...i see you're from N. Brunswick, so i say take a look...

IMO, the trail seems to be better maintained lately than Frost Woods in E. Brunswick.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
well, for me it's really close (i literally ride the bike from home to the place) so if i need a quick ride this is where i go. as for being "worth it," it depends. as clutch said, the place is small...i see you're from N. Brunswick, so i say take a look...

IMO, the trail seems to be better maintained lately than Frost Woods in E. Brunswick.

If you are close by you might consider stepping up and getting together with park officials to push mt biking.

I did the same thing at 6 mile and it has worked wonders. In fact I am going out this morning to meet with the park naturalist this AM at 6 mile.

It really isn't' that hard.

If you are serious I can help or get you in touch with people who can.

B

bubuli

If you are close by you might consider stepping up and getting together with park officials to push mt biking.

I did the same thing at 6 mile and it has worked wonders. In fact I am going out this morning to meet with the park naturalist this AM at 6 mile.

It really isn't' that hard.

If you are serious I can help or get you in touch with people who can.

J,

that's a great idea! i'll give it a shot. i might ping you for some tips on persuading people. :D

thanks!

I

isldbeachbum

I rode back in Thompson Park on Friday for the first time and I must say it was a lot of fun. I decided to ride the red trail. It has been a long time since I was back there, I think the last time I was back there was with the Boy Scouts pulling a Klondike sled with no snow. I was very impressed, as it is right in my back yard as I live about a half a mile away. Looking for a riding partner.

Top Bottom