The Original BIYF 18/19

Johnny Utah

Here it is, the mother of all winter riding events. Back by unpopular demand and the fear of being non politically correct both @rick81721 and I bring you the BIYF of yesteryear.

Starting 12am December 21st - Ends March 31st.

There will be two categories, Elite and Mortal. My prediction will be Elite will be way above 12hrs a week.

Rules:
- Must post a Strava Ride to this thread
- Story along with a write up of your ride is encouraged....pictures are especially nice
- Keep it safe, if the trails are wet hit the road.
- Rides need to be on a bicycle....outside

Posting daily is as follows:
Date:
Ride Time:
Bonus:
Link to Strava
Pictures when you choose

Scoring - Elite:
- Straight Time, no bonus... no mercy
- Elite winner must beat the mortal overall time, otherwise the elite cash pride is forfeited to the mortal winner.

Scoring - Mortal:
- Day must be 45 minute minimum to count/be applicable for a bonus (can use multiple rides to make your one hour time)
- Straight time
- Night/morning use of lights bonus (As in its dark out, not because you want to be that special person who needs a flasher in broad daylight....we aren’t trying to sell lights here)
- Extreme weather bonus (snow/rain)
- Vacation ride bonus (applicable for five days where you leave your locale).
- Weekly fun bonus added at random, announced the Sunday before the following week
- Each bonus is twenty minutes added to your Straight Time
- Weekly times/rides must be updated by 7pm each Sunday

Awards:
- $300 cash or gift certificate for greater than $300 to a participating bike shop to the mortal and elite winner brought to you by @rick81721 and myself thus far)
- Trophy for top finisher in each catagory
- 2nd/3rd place Trophy for Mortal
- MVP Trophy for best overall participant

Elite:
@jimvreeland
@liong71er
@KenS
@bigW
@pygmypony
@rick81721

Mortal:
@knobbyhead
@Soundguy
@SSmtbr
@M3Tim
@rustynuts
@Flaubert
@oobaa47
@scotth
@Mahnken
@Big Dumb Animal
@w_b
@R Treb
@Mtbdog
@chaloots
@Hot Action
@DoubleD25
@jmanic
@clarkenstein
@ReggieHammond
@olegbabich
@pygmypony
@goodvibe
@Fat Trout
@ridgehog
@MadisonDan
@teabagger11
@rlb
@stb222
@Johnny Utah
@shrpshtr325
@thegock
@chemgirl
@jShort

3.4.png

New Board from @stb222

Last edited by a moderator:

rick81721

Lothar
Back to basics! I will be able to get 2 weeks of riding in that counts before I turn into a pumpkin and head south.

Also, let's see some creative GPS art. Might get a bonus pt!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Can you be in both races at the same time?

since i seem to be way out-voted here, i must defer. i'll run a leaderboard for the composite group elsewhere, but won't track anyone else.
doesn't make sense to have two, that is divisive. I like the bonus stuff, and i don't have time to do it. I'm going to hit the trainer, since i'm targeting an ironman in 2020.
the structured workouts while running produced results - undeniable.

thegock

since i seem to be way out-voted here, i must defer. i'll run a leaderboard for the composite group elsewhere, but won't track anyone else.
doesn't make sense to have two, that is divisive. I like the bonus stuff, and i don't have time to do it. undeniable.

Pat,

We still love u. @fidodie

#thehaters

Last edited:

thegock

Nick Greg IMG_20181209_121957-01.jpg

2 Fatties practicing for BIYF from South Bound Brook to Kingston with a stop at the latter for snacks.

We saw 2 Blue Heron flying in line SSW down the canal on the way back around Griggstown Rd.

Last edited:

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does riding at Rays indoor park or the Wheel Mill count as outdoor?

I think I’m in. I spent too much time on DH bike this summer, need to pedal this winter.

Top Bottom