The Original BIYF 18/19

BIYF

Date: 2/9/19
Ride Time: 1:29
Bonus: Rode with two of my best friends, now that @rick81721 no longer wants to ride with me
Total Time: Should have been 2:09, but:

Enter Strava Link Here: RUSS PENN

Enter Pictures/Story Here: Turned the Garmin on a half hour into the trails south of Hospital Rd. I am an idiot.

STAR BUKS IMG_20190210_142519-01.jpg

After the missing panel on the overhead crashed to the floor, the other barista, who had just tried to close the panel door, came over to take my order. I asked her how her day was going and she correctly responded: "Well, I guess not that well."

Last edited:
Date: 2/13/19
Ride Time: 1:47
Bonus: Snow- :20, Lights- :20. (IS there a bonus for riding with @thegock)
Total Time: 2:27

Enter Strava Link Here: https://www.strava.com/activities/2144511085

Enter Pictures/Story Here: I came up upon a fur trapper who was strictly commercial. He had the unmitigated audacity to jump up from behind my igloo and he started in to whippin' on my fav'rite baby seal with a lead-filled snow shoe. It was The Gockel.

(@pygmypony should get this one)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_559c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_559b.jpg

Enter Pictures/Story Here: I came up upon a fur trapper who was strictly commercial. He had the unmitigated audacity to jump up from behind my igloo and he started in to whippin' on my fav'rite baby seal with a lead-filled snow shoe. It was The Gockel.

View attachment 87777
View attachment 87778

Gock bonus = -1 hr ☻

View attachment 87777
View attachment 87778
thanks @goodvibe it’s been a long while since i listened to this...enjoy!

errtime I see your commute I wanna go to Casa Comida for Fajitas Chimichangas. Yum.
Don’t hit the commercial place, you gotta hit the small hole in the wall Mexican food joints like La Valentina, or Acapulqueños. You also won’t regret port chop. Actually any of the Brazilian places are good. Gonna try the place on Brighton in west end.

02/14
1:59
Bonus 8===D
1:59

The Ice that Identifies as Magic Snow

With the pending warmer temps, I wanted to take one more shot at some snow riding, after yesterdays fail, and before the trails get ass reamed this weekend. The temp was 32/33, so I knew it could be crap, but some of the snow in my hard was rock solid, so gave it a go. Upon entering the farm field, i was able to ride the hill that yesterday was a no go. However, one the other side of said hill, the magic snow looked almost the same as plain ass ice and BOOM on my shoulder. Was hard enough to turn my bars and luckily I could move them back without a tool (that I didnt have). So caution flag was raised. Lots of magic and ice mixture but most places I could see it before I got dumped and I stayed upright the rest of the time. Studs would have been perfect today. Avoided some trails that I know drain bad and actually bypassed most of the park on the way back to go get rad for a bit before heading out.
I think the sound makes this clip:

22F8A8E2-7FEA-4C06-9441-9C9A6EF84DFC.jpeg
7C296C79-7750-4C79-AF06-E4B1022C0392.jpeg

Yesterday was a triple whammy day - slept late, woke up with a sinus headache, and it rained all morning. Decided to give the legs a rest after 24 straight days or riding or running.

2/14

2:25

Strava Bob ride plus coaster cruisers

Something different today - started out with the usual Thursday Bob ride, and a chilly start - 49F - funny how the locals bundle up:

IMG_20190214_103447_770.jpg

Bob originally wanted to do a shorted ride, 30 miles or so, but we ran into a group ride and latched on. Haven't done this in awhile and forgot how easy it is to cruise when you are in a line with 12 other people. One old coot forgot his shoes and rode in flipflops but surprisingly the guy had some power - they did a sprint and he was flying. Anywho, we peeled off when they stopped at a rest stop. Trails were just drying out before yesterday's rain so even down here there is more rain than normal. Looks like dry the next week tho

Yesterday was a triple whammy day - slept late, woke up with a sinus headache, and it rained all morning. Decided to give the legs a rest after 24 straight days or riding or running.

2/14

2:25

Strava Bob ride plus coaster cruisers

Something different today - started out with the usual Thursday Bob ride, and a chilly start - 49F - funny how the locals bundle up:

View attachment 87797

Bob originally wanted to do a shorted ride, 30 miles or so, but we ran into a group ride and latched on. Haven't done this in awhile and forgot how easy it is to cruise when you are in a line with 12 other people. One old coot forgot his shoes and rode in flipflops but surprisingly the guy had some power - they did a sprint and he was flying. Anywho, we peeled off when they stopped at a rest stop. Trails were just drying out before yesterday's rain so even down here there is more rain than normal. Looks like dry the next week tho

Do you and Bob ever "throw down?" You know, like racing each other in wheelchairs down the hall?

Back
Top Bottom