The Northern Faction heads south for tomorrow's MTBNJ ride!!!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Ringwood is a sheet of ice.
Frankly, I've had about enough of losing traction on the ice and falling on my... well... many parts.

If you want to car pool, PM me or call my cell if you have it. We can meet at 7am at Pedal Sports in Oakland and head down for some swooshy, rockless, iceless, smooth as a baby's bottom fun.

I know it's early, but it WILL be worth it.
No cookies from me, I'm running sound for a show tonight, so it's your turn to bake!

Robson

Yes I want to, question is if I'll make it. My son's piano lessons tomorrow and my other half is working tomorrow. I'll try to work something out.

R

rltrock

Sounds like a blast

But won't be able to make it -- tight schedule for such a long trip south (particularly for 8am start). Based on the postings there should be a lot of riders out.

Have fun/be safe

Robson

weather

Weather doesn't look good. I'll check again before 7am and make my final decision.

Robson

Allaire

What a ride!!! I'm so happy I decided to go. This place is fun to ride and I'll come back for more.

Cyclopath, I hope you are OK.

Below is the gps data of my ride.

Attachments

• Allaire.JPG
    Allaire.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 89

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Cyclopath continues the record of NO broken bones. WooHoo!!!
Unfortunately, the shoulder is just separated, not dislocated.
If it were dislocated, they could have popped it right back in at the hospital.
Instead, they're talking MRIs and rotator cuff and a bunch of stuff that I'm sure can be cured by a good dose of advil and an adequate amount of beer(they suggested Vicodin, but that stuff doesn't mix with beer;)). And since I can't see an orthopedic until Monday, Advil and beer is the route I'm taking:D.

Thanks, guys, for trusting me to make it back out alone(so you couldn't hear me swear like a trucker:eek:) and for the kind souls who helped me undress/dress in the parking lot before I left.:p

Note to self: Always know a trail before you barrel down it at 28 mph and go airborne on a line you never would have picked. But if you do hit the wrong line at high speeds and find yourself sailing over a table-top jump made for a BMX, never, under any circumstances, ever put your front wheel down first.:scared:

ellbiddy

Glad you made it out okay, the only other option was to tie you up and drag you back to the lot. I separated my shoulder some time ago too during a grappling tournament. Stinky pants, but usually not too major :)

joeschaar

Cyclo Glad to hear that your injuries are survivable. Keep up the rehab and I'll see you out there again.

Rayder (the pair), GSorbo and I went out on a beginner ride lead by Mar45 and it was top pace. Below is our motionbased. I crashed twice and Rayder broke his seat, nothing compared to your hospital visit. Again, I'm glad that you are ok. I'm looking forward to the time I can join one of your JH rides.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7431884

Cheers,

Joe

R

rltrock

May have to hang it up . . .

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Separated shoulders are tricky. Definitely get a 2nd opinion before anything radical (like surgery). I had a guy tell me surgery, then another one suggest physical therapy. PT did the trick -- I am a huge advocate of PT. Let me know if you want further thoughts on this offline.

From my standpoint this is very bad news. I invested in an expensive bike, appropriate attire and put on a smile while hitting the trails. With no cookies in sight for the foreseeable future, what's the point? . . . I might as well just hang it up.

Take care of yourself.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Thanks guys! I'm not sure about recovery because we still don't know what I did to it. The good news is that I feel much better today. I can almost raise my arm high enough to brush my teeth, if I bend my head down real low:D.

Honestly, after the big hits I took on the ice in Ringwood last weekend, I thought my Karma was setting me up for a broken collarbone real soon. I consider myself very lucky that didn't happen and now I have no choice but to take some time off to let the shoulder and the karma heal. So, I get to use that pricey trainer:cry:.

Ron,:rofl:. With some more self-medication and a little PT, I'm sure it will be fine. I figure I'll be all better by the time the ice melts in RW.

You know, considering what we play on in the 'great white north', I never expected Allaire to take me out. That place must be connected with the mob, cause it gave me my first ever case of road rash... on my face. Mafia affection is like that, a kiss on the cheek, and it's all over.;)

Last edited:

MMuller

Allaire is decieving

I've done all my major damage there. Broken wrist, dislocated shoulder and hitting a tree head on going downhill...fast. Been awhile now since any injuries and will continue praying to the surf/karma/cycling Gods. I'm looking around for some wood to knock on right now!
Take it easy and see you out there.

fasterthanliam

Cyclopath continues the record of NO broken bones. WooHoo!!!
Unfortunately, the shoulder is just separated, not dislocated.
If it were dislocated, they could have popped it right back in at the hospital.
Instead, they're talking MRIs and rotator cuff and a bunch of stuff that I'm sure can be cured by a good dose of advil and an adequate amount of beer(they suggested Vicodin, but that stuff doesn't mix with beer;)). And since I can't see an orthopedic until Monday, Advil and beer is the route I'm taking:D.

Thanks, guys, for trusting me to make it back out alone(so you couldn't hear me swear like a trucker:eek:) and for the kind souls who helped me undress/dress in the parking lot before I left.:p

Note to self: Always know a trail before you barrel down it at 28 mph and go airborne on a line you never would have picked. But if you do hit the wrong line at high speeds and find yourself sailing over a table-top jump made for a BMX, never, under any circumstances, ever put your front wheel down first.:scared:
From someone who had a separated shoulder , takes more than advil. Some time in a sling for sure. found p.t. very important and felt it sped up recovery. Mine was pretty severe and I have total mobility .

ptgirl

hey cyclo..hope you're doin' okay...

being a PT i've seen a few separated shoulders in my day..depending on the severity, you'll probably want to be in a sling for a week, keep using ice and anti-inflamms and rest it for at least 2-3 weeks...if you have any ??'s let me know

PT is a great idea..it'll help get your range and strength back fo' sho'

:D

rayder

It was a great time riding the intermediate and beginner group rides yesterday albeit a bit exhausting. Hope you have a speedy recovery cyclopath. Joe, I found a new bikeseat in my closet and I am mechanical enough for that type of repair but I did stop at my lbs on the way home and they tightened those spokes for me gratis which was nice. Can't wait to get out there again, ride, and eat pizza, not at the same time of course.

Top Bottom