The New Ride! Officially on the Dark Side.(Pics!)

betta285

Well I just finished piecing her together yesterday, with the help of a few friends. Surely a radical change from my Hardrock. After a few miles at Allaire yesterday, I'm still blown away. Rides like a dream. Half of the bike is secondhand (I work with a good number of hustlers:hmmm:) while all of the drivetrain/shifters/wheels/Grips:) are new. It was certainly a budget build, but amounted to a quality spec sheet and a quality bike.

Here is the complete build specs:

Frame: Rocky Mountain ETS-X 50
Shock: Fox Float RP3
Fork: Fox Vanilla RLC
Wheelset: Mavic Cross Ride
Brakes: Magura Marta
Headset: Hope
Shifters: Shimano SLX
Crankset: Shimano SLX
Front Der.: Shimano XT
Rear Der.: Shimano XT
Cassette: Shimano XT
Tires: Specialized S-Works 2.0
Seat Post: Race Face Next Carbon
Seat Post Clamp: Hope (Can't forget to mention that little piece of bling)
Grips: Intense DH Lock-on
Pedals: Odyssey Trail Mix (Platforms :D)
Bars: Race Face Next Carbon
Stem: Race Face Deus XC

Added: WEIGHT: 29.20 lbs
Haven't weighed it yet, and I'm hoping she's sub 30, but, at 200 lbs, I'm not too concerned about weight.
Big thanks to all my coworkers at Beachwood Bikes for helping out.

100_0287.jpg

100_0289.jpg

100_0290.jpg

100_0291.jpg

100_0292.jpg

Last edited:
Nice bike!

Dude, you need to recycle some of those bottles under the bed. :D

That is recycling! I've been refilling bottles from the same case of water I bought in September. Drink them, throw the empty bottle under the bed, fill them up at the water fountain, put them in the fridge, repeat process.
I wish my girlfriend could do the same with Ginger Ale, though.:cry: Stuff costs me a fortune.

Jim

cool, that's a pretty wild rear suspension setup.

Yeah, it's a little odd not having any chain stays, but the ETS (Energy Transfer System) design seems to be pretty efficient. Nothing seems to be lost due to pedal bob and it climbs like a goat.

Jim

very nice whip!!! luv that radical rear suspension!!

please tell me you dont lock that beautyful bike up with that cheeseball lock??

Are there any benefits to installing rear shock upside down?

Not quite sure, but I imagine Fox/Rocky Mountain some idea what they're doing.

very nice whip!!! luv that radical rear suspension!!

please tell me you dont lock that beautyful bike up with that cheeseball lock??

Sad, but true:(. She's on commuter duty these last two weeks of school, replacing my Hardrock. Guess I should upgrade the security with the bike.

Jim

nice ride! That is a serious upgrade :D but

Sad, but true:(. She's on commuter duty these last two weeks of school, replacing my Hardrock. Guess I should upgrade the security with the bike.

please do yourself a favor and save my the heartbreak and get a U lock from anywhere tomorrow!!! It would be very sad and devestating if anything happened to your new ride around campus. I know someone that got his sworks road bike jacked this past week!!!

please do yourself a favor and save my the heartbreak and get a U lock from anywhere tomorrow!!! It would be very sad and devestating if anything happened to your new ride around campus. I know someone that got his sworks road bike jacked this past week!!!

or at least let me know where you will be locking it....:D

why is it the darkside? It is neither upside down or a 29er?

rocky mountain

I've got a ETSX10 love it... But I also love my SS 29er haha. The RM is a great bike you'll really enjoy it. As for security you should lock a tiger to it

Just swapped on a Race Face Next Carbon bar and a Race Face Deus XC stem.
She weighs in at 29.20 lbs. I'm very satisfied.

Jim

are you sleeping on a pink pillow

Well, yes, but one of the pink pillows is my girlfriends, and the other is my roommate's girlfriends, and the very manly blue pillow is mine. So while I do use the pink pillows for cervical support, I did not purchase, nor claim ownership of such. As Shakespeare said of women in "Measure for Measure"; In the dark and in bed, one (pillow/women) is the same as the other.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom