The Kalmyk's Tinfoil Hat Happy Hour (aka Most Useless Thread on MTBNJ)

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
66D980BA-0E9B-4251-93BE-BF75D4D5F38F.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Ok I give up what's this mean? I gather a movie quote?

Pb is the symbol for lead
Au is the symbol for gold

they are a couple spaces away in the periodic table - both dense/heavy.
It was once hypothesized that PbIn2Au was possible.

And it is, but costs more than gold, and most other things, cause it requires a particle accelerator.

jklett

Pb is the symbol for lead
Au is the symbol for gold

they are a couple spaces away in the periodic table - both dense/heavy.
It was once hypothesized that PbIn2Au was possible.

And it is, but costs more than gold, and most other things, cause it requires a particle accelerator.
So you're saying the alchemists in the middle ages may have been on to something all along besides "transmutating" the king's money into wine?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So you're saying the alchemists in the middle ages may have been on to something all along besides "transmutating" the king's money into wine?

a reasonable amount of capital should go into research.
some subset of that should go into thinking outside the box
wine, absinthe, whatevs.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is everything okay at home?
You have me worried.

The place I get my oil changed at also has a car wash, and you get a free basic wash with an oil change. I always skip that though, because clean cars are overrated, and I'm usually in a hurry. I generally sneak out of work for a quick oil change, since I'm not doing that shit on my time.

if this is his car i need to know how many dozen trips it took, and which car wash it is, gotta put it on the blacklist!

They scrubbed the shit out of it before putting it through the machine, and it still came out with that black shit on the windows. Fortunately I only get my oil changed once a year, so they'll probably forget by the time I go back.

Top Bottom