The MetsThread

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I cant see how this compares to steroids....Baseball is a game of skill....While steroids help, you still need to have the skills....Altuve wearing a buzzer letting him know where a pitch is going to be drops the level of skill required to compete massively. I mean my god, look at his home vs away splits in the 2017 post season

Home: .472 BA/.513 OBP/1.028 SLG/1.541 OPS, 17 H, 6 HR & 12 RBI

Away: .143 BA, .268 OBP, .229 SLG, .497 OPS, 5 H, 1 HR & 2 RBI

To me this is a totally different level than steroids.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
I'm curious if this impacts Beltran making the Hall. As self-righteous as the dickbags voting can be, it probably will, right?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@1speed
It will be burnt in the brain for life.
It was their year to win it all and then that non swing strike 3. He didnt even swing wtf!
1988 was also their year which was just as disappointing, as a raiders fan also we were destined to win it all in 2002 but then the refs handed TB12 the beginning of a cuddled career. Fucking tuck rule. Still very bitter.. .
ZCKd8tdkup5zq.gif

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Heard that on the way home yesterday........ thanks for tossing a “wet blanket“ on pitchers and catchers Freddy Coupon. ?

1speed

This comes as no surprise. All the owners had to do was convince a ego-maniacal multi-billionaire with no moral compass who spends his money like he's going to die tomorrow to accept the adoration and accolades of half the city for taking on a massive vanity project and they'd become billionaires themselves. But we cannot ever forget that this is the Wilpons we're talking about, the only owners in all of sports prominently targeted by the government for their involvement in the most famous Ponzi Scheme in history. LGM!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Calling our team “professional” is the biggest con game of all......... is it bad that every time I think about Mets ownership/front office I see the judge and his crew from “The Natural”?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Would think in the middle of due diligence he found something....and it wasn't good.

1speed

Would think in the middle of due diligence he found something....and it wasn't good.

Exactly, but that's what's incredible about all of this ... this is Steve Cohen we're talking about. Frontline did a story about him. I think if you work in the financial industry and Frontline decides there is enough dirt to devote an hour to you (and call it "To Catch a Trader", no less!), then you just might be a tiny bit shady. And yet it looks like even he may have been scared off by the Wilpons' creative accounting. How totally screwed up must your finances be to scare off a guy who creatively defined what is and is not insider trading in a very public deposition video to a degree where he basically hung himself on the possible charges he was facing and then somehow got off essentially scott-free on federal charges. A guy like that doesn't shy away from the dark corners of financial accounting. And yet, along came the Wilpons ...

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Exactly, but that's what's incredible about all of this ... this is Steve Cohen we're talking about. Frontline did a story about him. I think if you work in the financial industry and Frontline decides there is enough dirt to devote an hour to you (and call it "To Catch a Trader", no less!), then you just might be a tiny bit shady. And yet it looks like even he may have been scared off by the Wilpons' creative accounting. How totally screwed up must your finances be to scare off a guy who creatively defined what is and is not insider trading in a very public deposition video to a degree where he basically hung himself on the possible charges he was facing and then somehow got off essentially scott-free on federal charges. A guy like that doesn't shy away from the dark corners of financial accounting. And yet, along came the Wilpons ...

DB4C4667-0570-46E2-B7F8-8546231F24AD.jpeg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
If they cancel Baseball, does “the coupon” collect on the insurance? If so, I think we found the COVID-19 smoking gun.

Top Bottom