The Lewis Morris MountainMan

Rutli1291

It is run by a guy named Chris. He is the one in the Hawaiian shirt in the photos on the home page. I think I have his email address if you need it.

There are a couple of days left to get the lower price on this race. My husband needs a hoodie so I am signing up soon. However, if this year is like the others there will be a race day sign up for a little bit lower price, that does not include the hoodie.

skipper

I've never done a race before, but I've been wanting to and I remember back in the spring I was considering doing the mountain man challenge. Had I kept better tabs on how long it was until this race came about, I'd probably be more ready for it. I guess my question is, how difficult is the terrain that the race will take place on? The most technical I've ever ridden was Hartshorne Woods, I ride Allaire all the time. As long as the 11 mile bike isn't too much of a struggle I'm sure I'll finish with the rest of the pack. If there is beer, as someone else said, that just gives me a reason to push myself harder!

RNG1

It is definitely different from a regular mtn bike race. I did it last year and was really glad I did. Was planning on it again before I got hurt. These were things I remember I wish I would have done that I learned from last year.
My tips would be as follows:

Pick a spot that makes it easy to find your recognize your bike. Maybe put a plastic bag on the end of the handlebar that is sticking up when your bike is laying on its side. Trust me when you return from the run you are already not thinking normal and this way you can make a bee line right to your bike. There will be tons of bikes all over the grass and I remember people going from bike to bike trying to find theirs.

Lay out some kind of something to stand on.(towel) I remember trying to change from my running to riding shoes wishing I had something clean and dry to stand on.

Also if you have velcro straps on your cycling shoes, open them all the way out so that you don't have to fumble with them as you go to change into them and you can stop right in.

Have fun!

Top Bottom