The legends were at Creek

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone get to run into Ryan Nyquist and Jamie Bestwick yesterday? I’m so bummed....was planning to ride yesterday but bailed last minute, then I see those two all over the MCBP Instagram. Not everyday you get to ride with the guys you watched dominate the X Games as a kid...

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
That's awesome they were. Looks like Geoff Gullevich was there too. My son and I were there thursday.

My son is going to camp woodward in August and legends like these are there all the time. Can you imagine ryan nyquist helping teach you bar spins or tailwhips?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's awesome they were. Looks like Geoff Gullevich was there too. My son and I were there thursday.

My son is going to camp woodward in August and legends like these are there all the time. Can you imagine ryan nyquist helping teach you bar spins or tailwhips?
I went to a Woodward skate park in Mexico last year and apparently missed Tony Hawk, Bob Burnquist, and Bucky Lasek by one day. That would have been childhood dreams right there.

Mad props for sending your son to the camp. I begged so hard when I was a kid, lol.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Mad props for sending your son to the camp. I begged so hard when I was a kid, lol.

Thanks. I'm excited for him. He's totally into DH and FR and street tricks and doesn't really have friends also into it. So this will let him be surrounded by it for a full week. Daughter will go to the gymnastics camp there that same week there so win-win for us.

bergsnj

I was there but I don't know who those guys are so I didn't notice. (The names are familiar but I never really watched x-games back in the day) One guy I took a lift with told me to look out for them but I never noticed. I did see Jeff Lenoski with a crowd around him and later I saw on the creek instagram that he was riding with those guys. On a few runs I saw a photographer in a tree with a big ass camera so I figured they were near but never crossed their path.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They both have over a dozen X-games gold medals. Nyquist is big in the freeride mtb scene now and has been kicking ass on the Crankworx circuit. Dude even had an episode of MTV Cribs back in the day lol. They're the real deal.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I did a few laps with those guys, it's always cool riding with people that are that skilled.
That's awesome. Were they riding any of the gnar or did they stick to the jump line? I was curious how they handled our glorious rocks of death.

V-Dub

That's awesome. Were they riding any of the gnar or did they stick to the jump line? I was curious how they handled our glorious rocks of death.
The rockiest thing we rode was Waterboy and they were all fine but most of the time was spent on the jump/flow trails. Look for a video from JL some time soon

roc

The rockiest thing we rode was Waterboy and they were all fine but most of the time was spent on the jump/flow trails. Look for a video from JL some time soon
What are the easiest downhill trails at creek. I’m going tomorrow with a couple of buddies. I haven’t been there in 5 years or more. We are not looking for anything nuts, just want to use the lift to get up the hill a bunch of times. We both have 29 stump jumpers. Mine is old. I won’t do any jumps or drops, so is it worth renting a beastly bike? Do they still have that cross country trail around a pond at the top of the lift?

V-Dub

What are the easiest downhill trails at creek. I’m going tomorrow with a couple of buddies. I haven’t been there in 5 years or more. We are not looking for anything nuts, just want to use the lift to get up the hill a bunch of times. We both have 29 stump jumpers. Mine is old. I won’t do any jumps or drops, so is it worth renting a beastly bike? Do they still have that cross country trail around a pond at the top of the lift?
Greenhorn is the easiest way down but all the green and most of the blues are pretty tame. If your going to ride most of the day you may want to get rentals, witch are pretty good bikes. The drops are all well marked and have go arounds. I have not been out to the xc trails this year so I don't know what condition they are in

roc

Th
Greenhorn is the easiest way down but all the green and most of the blues are pretty tame. If your going to ride most of the day you may want to get rentals, witch are pretty good bikes. The drops are all well marked and have go arounds. I have not been out to the xc trails this year so I don't know what condition they are in
Thanks.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
What are the easiest downhill trails at creek. I’m going tomorrow with a couple of buddies. I haven’t been there in 5 years or more. We are not looking for anything nuts, just want to use the lift to get up the hill a bunch of times. We both have 29 stump jumpers.

If your bikes are in decent shape and full suspension, I would just ride them on the greens and a couple blues. My son and I ride the greens and blues on our full suss trail bikes (I have an '18 stumpy myself) and it's fine. I wouldnt ride a black diamond on a trail bike (at least with my skills) and I wouldn't ride anywhere there on a jalopy but if your trail bike is full suss and solid, you're good on the greens and a few blues like indy and outbreak.

Greenhorn is the easiest and ego trip and deviant are probably next. Indy at the bottom is blue but has zero tech.

V-Dub

Mt Creek bike park is having a 20th anniversary party on the 27th I'm sure there will be a few legends around on that day

Top Bottom