The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Day 22
I suckered @Santa into a big loop I’ve been wanting to do. Part 1 of a gravel/road 2 part mega loop. 40+ miles of gravel with 5 miles of singletrack and 1 flat. I guess my fat ass still has some endurance hiding in there. Not a bad day! Can I punch out after this and my month is complete?

https://strava.app.link/6eVZzCIS6hbView attachment 163178

July Total
Time: 39:50 hrs
Distance: 530.8 mi
Climbing: 28,266 ft
Beers: 53
Excellent recycling of a fatbike tire bag.👍… ok, the ride was cool too.😉

Gordo

Took Beck to meet the fam’

1627001892898.png

Sent from my iPhone

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
16/31 office day today. Got home and had just about an hour before kids would be home and dinner would be ready. Stans was holding in the rear tire and went out for an hour ride with a plan to do some shopping at Flounder Brewing. @clarkenstein i thought that was you on the towpath at Griggstiwn. Didn’t mean to be rude, but was on the clock. By the time I made amwell I could feel the rim hitting on every little bump. Not good. Fill the tire. Some leaking but eventually the stans appears to hold again. Give it a few minutes and head down Amwell to Flounder and rear is flat again. Break down, hang the bike from the water tower support and install a dart. Find out Flounder is not yet doing cans or growlers for takeaway from the new location. Normally don’t drink mid week, but grabbed a pineapple sour while letting the sealant cure on the dart. Got home late but without issue. Pour a few more ounces of stans in the tire and dart appears to be holding. See what tomorrow brings.

View attachment 163208
I thought that was you. You were cooking with gas when you hit the path. I cooked my son riding down to Rocky Hill and back. You missed the drama on the canal. I guess someone forgot to put their car in park. The car rolled down their driveway straight into the canal. There was a decent view of it getting pulled out of the water by the Griggstown lock.

dnap

Team MTBNJ Halter's
22/31
Driving home before going for a ride we saw some hot air balloons getting a flight in the day before the festival starts. Saw 3 landing and 3 in the air. I got pics of 2 out of 3 that were still flying.

We got home and went out on a road ride to see if we could hunt down the balloons landing. We missed them, but still got a nice ride in.

https://strava.app.link/VL1j4Vyj7hb
1627015079818.png
7CBAC833-6AB9-4A31-A5EA-B149C9CB3E96.jpeg
1BDA5F0E-CABD-4393-8FC9-E405FE93F0B1.jpeg

Ian F

Day 23 - Another day older...

Typical pre-dawn spin as I usually have after work plans Friday evenings that would make a ride difficult. It is kinda neat to watch the sun come up.

The Niterider Lumina 1200 does a pretty good job of lighting the road, even at the lowest setting:

1627033676287.png

Bristol waterfront, some colors:

1627033731103.png

A little more color at the turn-around behind the old Ideal Soap (now an office) building:

1627033828521.png

Along River Rd. Sometimes I feel my age... but not really today:

1627033907940.png

Tomorrow should be a fun ride down in MD, but it may be late by the time I post.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Day 23 - Another day older...

Typical pre-dawn spin as I usually have after work plans Friday evenings that would make a ride difficult. It is kinda neat to watch the sun come up.

The Niterider Lumina 1200 does a pretty good job of lighting the road, even at the lowest setting:

View attachment 163232

Bristol waterfront, some colors:

View attachment 163233

A little more color at the turn-around behind the old Ideal Soap (now an office) building:

View attachment 163234

Along River Rd. Sometimes I feel my age... but not really today:

View attachment 163235

Tomorrow should be a fun ride down in MD, but it may be late by the time I post.
HBD!

serviceguy

14 / 20+

I should know better than make plans, what was I thinking?!?! Math seems against me making 20+ rides this month but I’ll be damn if I’m not trying! Got caught by the guard of a really posh lake community that I shall call Wayward Pines, I apparently trespassed yesterday in my attempt at finding new trails/roads to ride. I was too tired to post this yesterday so here it goes.

https://www.strava.com/activities/5671619553

D4DD7C94-9049-4750-B575-8537ECDF0408.jpeg

ekuhn

I thought that was you. You were cooking with gas when you hit the path. I cooked my son riding down to Rocky Hill and back. You missed the drama on the canal. I guess someone forgot to put their car in park. The car rolled down their driveway straight into the canal. There was a decent view of it getting pulled out of the water by the Griggstown lock.
You mean this one?

Use emergency brake and put it in gear. 03 Carrera. 3ft either way would have hit the post and prob not made it into the water. This one threaded the needle pretty well and was fully submerged. The guide rail is not designed to take a straight on blow - its designed to guide you back to the roadway.

IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4886.jpeg

EJphotos

You mean this one?

Use emergency brake and put it in gear. 03 Carrera. 3ft either way would have hit the post and prob not made it into the water. This one threaded the needle pretty well and was fully submerged. The guide rail is not designed to take a straight on blow - its designed to guide you back to the roadway.

View attachment 163241

View attachment 163240
For sale: 2003 Porsche Carrera. Original Owner. Great condition. Only sunk once.

Top Bottom