The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

Nothing too interesting other than a person walking on the sidewalk that jumped 3’ in the air when they heard me change gears as I passed by. Not sure what they thought was happening, but I guess my bike must be pretty loud.

I've spooked a few people during early morning rides with a LOUD Hope SS rear hub. They may think they're being attacked by bees.

If they charge you, don’t scream? Ugh. I guess peeing is allowed though.

that seems to be about grizzly bears, black bears are the ones you see in NJ and behave differently (less aggressive) so should not be treated the same as a grizzly. They also are less likely to charge you unless you A) separate a mom from her cubs and she feels they are in danger or B) corner them (knowingly or not)

just saying.

Day 20
@onetracker and I got out to Stephens for our summer weekday therapy group. The trails themselves were in great shape with all the recent rain, but there were many blow downs throughout the park. Too many to really recall. Besides that it was a great ride and we rode just quick it off to keep most of the mosquitoes in deer flies away.

https://strava.app.link/8YCCBcB32hb
1626793025315.png

July Total
Time: 30:22 hrs
Distance: 398.9 mi
Climbing: 22,488 ft
Beers: 51

7/20

1:18

https://www.strava.com/activities/5658372529

18/20+

Just a short ride south, up the sourland ridge via Lindbergh rd, then west on ridge. Stopped at the hiking parking lot past Rileyville for a pic and found some choice chanterelles - probably prime time to go mushroom hunting at the sourland preserve, in fact the sourland conservancy is sponsoring a mushroom hike on Aug 7 (sold out tho).

20210720_112031.jpg

Last edited:
Ride number something, probably gonna be out of the 20 since I think I need to ride every day until the end, and that hasn't been happening. Still glad I gave it a go because it's getting me back on the bike one way or another.

My year+ of infrequent riding is really showing, some of these climbs today kicked my ass!

Edit forgot the dog pic, good doggies.

PXL_20210720_132142518~2.jpg

Last edited:
#20 https://www.strava.com/activities/5660239738 Quick ride on the local trail. Went to compliment a runner for how fast he was chugging along and I got a blank stare and a glare. I could give him the benefit of possibly being deaf, but it certainly was a really odd reaction. He kinda gave me goosebumps in a, "I will murder you" kind of way. Glad to know our frequented trails are getting more back to normal. People were so nice on the trails during COVID... it just felt wrong and unlike the common interactions in our area.

Went for an early ride and came across these miniature EVH guitars in the road on Wertsville. Must have fallen out of a truck because the boxes were all over the place, run over. Only one was somewhat OK. Funny because growing up EVH was my favorite guitarist, had the poster and everything (the Valerie factor didn't hurt :D).

Screenshot_20210720-131559~2.png

RIP EVH (and his Mini Guitars)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom