The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

Capture.JPG

7/19
1:30
Monday
I drop yesterday because I wake up and it's raining, wake up again with time to ride, it is not raining but not in the mood. As a result have one of those days that you couldnt squeeze much more out of the day and managed to knock off like 5 things on the list around the house.

Today, hit snooze but am up 5 min later as I am determined to get that log at Nesh. It is a 10-15 min drive to the lot and I am still rolling at 4:54. I see some of the roofer guys are already working. I see a different guy than last week speed into the lot as I am pulling out. Would suck that 5am is considered late to work. This log is taken care of by 5:10 and I hand trim some overgrowth in that area.
D2952BC7-982E-47D7-A6AF-ED8AC73FD70F.jpeg

I then do half a loop with the assisted hand saw and only find two other small things to use it on. Venture back to that mud hole I am obsessed with and clean it out, again. If I could just get 3 dry days this thing will dry up. It gets a little better every time but these thunderstorms fill it up with water. Trimmed a small area after that and was a little too aggro and picked up some prickers in the fingers.
9E94B9DD-E731-4762-B2F7-EE488352810E.jpeg

I also identify my next three projects here, 1 is just trimming an area that will be bad in a week and the other two are some small reroutes to avoid forever mudholes. They will have to wait as there is a big tree that fell at Baldpate that needs my attention this week.

Dropped my bag and do a loop and a half. Someone trimmed a section and left considerable trimmings behind.
7FD173A7-22CF-4E81-A76F-0790D7B062A6.jpeg

Last edited:
July 18th...
Drove Will out to Camp Woodward, PA and had plans to ride a 10 mile loop at Rothrock while I was out there.... Between all the rain, and shitty data feed on my phone killed that plan... As I left the camp and plugged in the destination it totally miscalculated and added 2 hours to what should have been a 50 minute drive, so I said fuck it and drove home.

Did my 60+ minute route in 58 minutes
https://www.strava.com/activities/5650027572

then added on a few to get 60.
https://www.strava.com/activities/5650034439

(17/31) 100% Acclimated to the heat apparently - according to my Garmin.

(18/31) 4 hr trim sesh with @WJF at the Six Mile. Made some good progress until Mechanical failure on the hedge trimmer.

(18/31) When the air is not as thick - it makes me feel faster.

This weekend’s enduro shenanigans:

Saturday was pre ride. Very hot and lots of climbing, especially when you do the course out of order. Didn’t have much trouble with any of the stages besides getting a flat on two.

https://strava.app.link/5r22LNxn1hb
1626705486579.png

Sunday is race day of course. Thunder storms over night so the course was sucky. The bob gnarly section was about impossible and I lost my rear wheel in a few sections of three but otherwise it went pretty well. No mechanicals and I wound up in fifth for u19!

https://strava.app.link/KvlzaaKn1hb
1626705636975.png

847290B5-4F29-4F19-959D-F4073CD73CBB.jpeg

I’ll put up my ride as soon as it uploads to strava. This has been happening a lot lately. It will upload to wahoo but then takes a bit to get up to strava. Anybody have the same issue?

10/20+

Feeling better so planned my work schedule accordingly and connected with one of the usual WFH crew here. It was much cooler and a bit breezy so we decided against the Budd Lake loop and went west towards the other loop into Long Valley and back via Chester. On at least one of the downhills I had to check up since the swirling breeze made me feel a bit unsettled. Glad I used my recovery boots last night for 45 minutes my legs were not really achy during the ride. I am still blowing out the remnants of this sinus cold so my breathing and HR were kinda all over the place from all the decongestant I was taking.

Aside from getting buzzed by at least 2 different box delivery trucks it was an uneventful ride. :mad: Clouds cleared up towards the end of the ride for some nice views.

1626721176753.png

Day 19(Finally)
Wahoo does not seem to be talking with Strava easily for me. I had to manually tell it to upload. Anyway, here’s the ride.

https://strava.app.link/NAixPwmT1hb
1626732421479.png

I finally got back to the mtb and it greeted me with sending me over the bars in the first 100’ of trail. I finally got my rock groove back but I’ll be bruised up for a few.

July Total
Time: 28:23 hrs
Distance: 386.5mi
Climbing: 20,894 ft
Beers: 50

13/31, headed over to six mile and did a canal side loop.

While only day 13 of the month for me, it is now 8-days in a row and learned I learned a valuable lesson on laundry. Hit the bottom of the clean bike clothing pile and rode with shorts purchased 15- or 20-lbs ago. I couldn’t stand on the pedals and keep my shorts up. Laundry tonight and maybe time to donate some old clothes.

CF0350DB-F043-4542-81A8-3D9CAF517CB8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom