The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

mtbiker87

My streak ends at 7 days, as I just could not get out today. My special needs son is having a hard time dealing with the storms, and I was up all last night trying to get him back to sleep. I had a very small time window to try to get one in before the storms hit again this afternoon and missed it.. ...so yeah. But honestly, I'm pretty stoked I made it as far as I did. I'd like to say I'll take the mulligan, and intend on trying for it, but if tonight is anything like last night, I'll more than likely be dropping to the 20+ group. Either way, props to everyone trying to do this, and for MTBNJ/JORBA for setting it up.

sj_john

6386F423-E6E4-4117-8613-CA4A1EC802A1.jpeg

7/31. forgot to post yesterday.

serviceguy

My streak ends at 7 days, as I just could not get out today. My special needs son is having a hard time dealing with the storms, and I was up all last night trying to get him back to sleep. I had a very small time window to try to get one in before the storms hit again this afternoon and missed it.. ...so yeah. But honestly, I'm pretty stoked I made it as far as I did. I'd like to say I'll take the mulligan, and intend on trying for it, but if tonight is anything like last night, I'll more than likely be dropping to the 20+ group. Either way, props to everyone trying to do this, and for MTBNJ/JORBA for setting it up.
Sorry to hear that, hopefully the weather is going to get over soon so we can all retried to regular programming, whatever that is for everyone. The good thing about the 20+ is that you still have residual motivation even if you were not to make the 31. I hope your son gets better soon.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey all!

Going forward we are requiring you to post a Strava link. Rule #2 implies you need to post the link here. Rules 2&4 together.

Screen shot of the ride is not acceptable because we need to mine Strava to make sure it’s legit. It’s a lot of work for Dave and he’s struggling to keep up.

Thanks everyone!

kearneyb

4/31 back in the saddle and hopefully can keep pace with the 20+ group.

We spent the last few days traveling around Portugal. Couple days in and around Lisbon (including Sinatra and Cascais) and a few days through some old villages, castles and wineries in the Alentejo (Crato, Portalegre, Marvao and Castel de Vide). Now the last couple of days in Sao Pedro de Moel before heading home on Sunday.

482CFEDA-648A-4449-843F-E22CE2B22672.jpeg

Will get in a ride again tomorrow and then not again until reality sets in on Monday.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
In spite of several attempts, waking up at 5:00 a.m. has not resulted in an early ride yet! Looks like time in the early hours of the day runs faster...
My secret to training myself to get up early was set the alarm 15 minutes earlier than the “normal” time for a week. Then another 15 for a week, and another, etc. it works.

the downside? Once you train your body to wake up early, sleeping in is a rare occurrence. I’ll wake up at 6:15 and consider that sleeping in.

Top Bottom