The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

iman29

4/20+ category. Plus 4th day in a row.

Just when I thought my day was blocked by the dreaded “to do” list I somehow finagled a time window before dinner on the new gravel bike.

I’ve ridden Columbia trail tons of times on a road bike, shitty 26r and of course my 27.5+ but man o man was that a nice plush ride on those 40mm gravel tires.

I had a smile on my face the whole time despite the bugs in my teeth (and my eye ouch ).

Stopped for mandatory pics and found this spot on one of the river beds which was cool but I almost dropped the bike trying to get that shot.

Looks like tmw may be my first early ride morning in a few years between the heat and the work schedule and kids basketball after dinner that will be my only time window.

24DE639E-C5B2-4E8C-9F6E-07B42A6A58BC.jpeg
2435946A-8FEE-42AA-890D-7974B2A860C6.jpeg
7F0D84E2-CB18-4AEE-BA86-474E0925EE2E.jpeg
EEFDA52B-6696-4FE5-B64C-1B6F86139A66.jpeg

Pagliacci

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/glcrIrS9Ehb

Work really tried to bike-block me today. Had to settle for riding around the industrial park at 10:30 pm (when I'm on the clock I have to be able to get to my lab within 5 minutes of someone calling me; it sucks).

During I my first lap, I was thinking that circling parking lots isn't really in the spirit of the challenge, but truthfully, I got a lot out of this ride.

I forgot how much I enjoy riding at night, and the wide open expanses of pavement with zero traffic to worry about made it fun to just noodle around. Also, the deer and I kept scaring the crap out of each other, which was something new.

Top Bottom