The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

Day's not over will attempt to find a way to get 60 minutes of ride time somehow...
SlCtC1A.jpg

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/DjPpMLVVxhb

Is it too late to join? I filled out my Jorba form, check is in the hands of the USPS.

I don't expect t to make it very far, but I'll give it a shot. I've successfully completed this challenge a couple of times, but I haven't really ridden in ~5 years (picked up a used bike in the spring, rode it twice prior to today).

After procrastinating all morning, I finally got on my bike, opened Strava, and forged ahead. So....Strava doesn't record until you hit "start"?

I found that out almost halfway into my planned ride (I don'tactually live on an overpass). How is it that my phone knows where I am all the time ["Did you enjoy your visit to Duck Donuts, fatty?"], but it didn't know enough to start my goddamned ride?

So I re-routed to make sure I hit the hour officially, but of course, it started raining. First ride totally sucked.

First ride was also pretty awesome; feels great to be back on a bike.

I will post when I drop out, please feel free to ridicule me with the most vile names and language (I'm talking 70's vintage insults, no pc worries here).

The non rain parts of the day so far have perfectly lined up with all my work meetings.

The rain parts of the day have lined up with my free time.

During this rain part I finally got one of the requirements nailed down and signed up for JORBA out of guilt for not doing it sooner and so that I dont have FOMO on this contest.

Day's not over will attempt to find a way to get 60 minutes of ride time somehow...
I am in the same boat and it looks as if I am going to miss the first ride. I should have done the ride first thing in the morning when I had the chance, instead of sleeping in :smh:

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/DjPpMLVVxhb

Is it too late to join? I filled out my Jorba form, check is in the hands of the USPS.

I don't expect t to make it very far, but I'll give it a shot. I've successfully completed this challenge a couple of times, but I haven't really ridden in ~5 years (picked up a used bike in the spring, rode it twice prior to today).

After procrastinating all morning, I finally got on my bike, opened Strava, and forged ahead. So....Strava doesn't record until you hit "start"?

I found that out almost halfway into my planned ride (I don'tactually live on an overpass). How is it that my phone knows where I am all the time ["Did you enjoy your visit to Duck Donuts, fatty?"], but it didn't know enough to start my goddamned ride?

So I re-routed to make sure I hit the hour officially, but of course, it started raining. First ride totally sucked.

First ride was also pretty awesome; feels great to be back on a bike.

I will post when I drop out, please feel free to ridicule me with the most vile names and language (I'm talking 70's vintage insults, no pc worries here).
I’ve enjoyed all the posts today, but this gets the gold star for me.

Exit insults will include donut references.

https://www.strava.com/activities/5560484368 Was thinking I could ride right after my meeting this morning, but ended up working/procrastinating all day long. Finally got my act together to ride in the storm. There were some butt puckering moments where the thunder was right overhead, but in the back of my mind I remembered that titanium is a relatively poor conductor of electricity and I should be okay given the taller trees around me (maybe I slept through that lesson). At least I got to see a cool box turtle (I think that's what this guy is)!

1625182841015.png

1625182919335.png

Also need to add my sidekick
1625182886649.png

Back
Top Bottom