The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

Ian F

Day 26 - Home stretch!

Succeeded in a proper recovery ride today.

Started out by riding over to the storm damage to see if any progress had been made. Nope.
1627338202796.png

Every once in awhile, I get an itch to buy a boat. Then I ride past this thing that hasn't changed much since I started riding through the marina who knows how many years ago:
1627338297301.png

Yes... planks missing on the starboard stern...

I saw a trail head into the woods near the less-improved boat launch. Then remembered I'm on a gravel bike, so decided to check it out. I figured it just went to the river and was not wrong.
1627338423462.png

High tide on the river:
1627338468427.png

Something getting off-loaded at (checks Google maps...) Gold Bond Building products? It's funny how in this picture the ship looks tiny and huge when looking at it from across the river...
1627338641367.png

Hoping to ride dirt tomorrow. Probably at Neshaminy.

iman29

Day 26 - Home stretch!

Succeeded in a proper recovery ride today.

Started out by riding over to the storm damage to see if any progress had been made. Nope.
View attachment 163672

Every once in awhile, I get an itch to buy a boat. Then I ride past this thing that hasn't changed much since I started riding through the marina who knows how many years ago:
View attachment 163674
Yes... planks missing on the starboard stern...

I saw a trail head into the woods near the less-improved boat launch. Then remembered I'm on a gravel bike, so decided to check it out. I figured it just went to the river and was not wrong.
View attachment 163675

High tide on the river:
View attachment 163676

Something getting off-loaded at (checks Google maps...) Gold Bond Building products? It's funny how in this picture the ship looks tiny and huge when looking at it from across the river...
View attachment 163677

Hoping to ride dirt tomorrow. Probably at Neshaminy.

I was on a work call with some folks who were comparing fishing and boat stories about getting things repaired. One guy says boat really stands for “Break Out Another Thousand”. Thought that was hilarious.

Ian F

I was on a work call with some folks who were comparing fishing and boat stories about getting things repaired. One guy says boat really stands for “Break Out Another Thousand”. Thought that was hilarious.
Goes along with "A hole in the water you pour money into."

That said, I'm paying for insurance on 6 cars (two are classics) and only really drive two of them... so who am I to say anything about wasting money... 😒

kearneyb

20/31 mixed up some road and towpath with new wtb riddler rear tire. While at work, I really wasn’t looking forward to the ride today in the heat and humidity. Ended up getting home late and it had started to cool off. Went out almost immediately to avoid a night ride. Ended up feeling pretty good. Need to figure out my Monday work schedule to catch a fun Monday ride at chimney rock.

7AEEBCB9-8A3B-4A12-963A-FDEFA1FD8912.jpeg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
#26/31 https://www.strava.com/activities/5692176635. Backyard ride with Charlie. Found the owner of the Garmin I found thanks to @iman29. Unfortunately, still no luck finding my devices. They are still in the weeds somewhere along the road with my Varia by Palmer Park :(

Formerly...did you/do you have to charge the Varia like every 4 rides? Seems like the battery life is somewhat limited. I get it, it's an actual radar. But it runs down fast.

That said I think this is something all road riders should absolutely have.

xc62701

Formerly...did you/do you have to charge the Varia like every 4 rides? Seems like the battery life is somewhat limited. I get it, it's an actual radar. But it runs down fast.

I bought one a few days ago and absolutely agree. While the battery life is not great it’s just extra peace of mind.

Sven Migot

I got a Varia in early 2020 when I figured I'll be doing a lot of road riding (pandemic). It's great and I don't ride the road without it.

serviceguy

17 / 20+

Got started a little late, by the time I got to Shepherd’s lake the park police officer was making the round before locking the place, so I thought better than disappear back in the woods and took the road back home, well, taking a little detour...Thankfully I decided to carry lights just in case. I was also riding the fat bike in her 29+ setup and it rolled surprisingly well.

https://www.strava.com/activities/5692824817

58273874-FCE0-462A-A8DD-53056932F965.jpeg

Last edited:

The_Mountainside_Menace

If you have it on continuous mode, sure, but if you press the button to flash mode, I've had it last like 11-14hrs depending on the cold. I think it could be better tbh, but most of my rear lights were similar too.

Yes, I won't leave without it if on the road.

Top Bottom