The Joy of Mountain Biking

serviceguy

Yes, at a minimum he should be in boots, but a park ranger is probably what was needed and may be more prepared. I know the State Park police that are stationed by washington crossing park where more of a "field" getup.

There was a lot of words here, how did the dog die?
I believe that NJ State Police are the park rangers. My only encounter with one was at RSP last summer and I don't think the guy ever gets out of his SUV.

I felt the same abut wanting to know how the dog died, I think a full investigation was due and I don't buy the heart atack story. @MissJR you let us down on this one. I personally think the other hiker did it...

Yeah, as sad as it was there's something nice about her dying while out running and having a good time out there. Better than being bored in the house.

That is what we like to think to make ourselves better about it, she would rather be bored chewing a bone at home...

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It was Morris County Park Police that showed up.

I honestly don't know what the parks department does for rescue type efforts. While national parks would have rangers that would do everything from tell you the best trail to take and to shoot you if you're committing a crime. Morris Parks park police seems much more of the latter and will call in help if needed for incidences on the trail.

Neither of the officers we were dealing with seemed like they've ventured into the parks further than the parking lot. Not criticizing them, I just don't think it's in their roles.

If you need rescuing I think it's the employee that tells you which trail gets you to the natural feature, and what type of wildlife you'll see.

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh my, I am sure that poor guy was beyond grateful for the help of strangers with his dog's body. As for the Park Police - its anyone's guess what they believe their remit to be but I would probably expect more help from fellow hikers as in this example.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I have no idea what that first sentence is supposed to say.

Knowing them both I would say Dan is more ad hoc informal and MissJR is more bursts of frustration flinging.

Not really sure how "fuckity fuck fuck fuck," would qualify as matter of fact swearing though. I believe the humble narrator of this blog may have uttered that in the past.

Excuse me sir, can you pass the fuckity fuck grey fuck fuck poupon.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I have no idea what that first sentence is supposed to say.

Knowing them both I would say Dan is more ad hoc informal and MissJR is more bursts of frustration flinging.

Not really sure how "fuckity fuck fuck fuck," would qualify as matter of fact swearing though. I believe the humble narrator of this blog may have uttered that in the past.

Excuse me sir, can you pass the fuckity fuck grey fuck fuck poupon.
Sentence fixed. Your assessment is more accurate, I would assume. From reading only, Dan’s sounds forced, like how a middle schooler swears where Joy seems like a seasoned swearer.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
"fuckity fuck fuck fuck," .... I believe the humble narrator of this blog may have uttered that in the past.
Yes... I have said that... During a mountain man race while trying to catch up to Steph on the very last part of the second run. I was pretty fucking close to catching her.

Sentence fixed. Your assessment is must more accurate, I would assume. From reading only, Dan’s sounds forced, like how a middle schooler swears where Joy seems like a seasoned swearer.
I'm a professional swearer. Dan's a weekend warrior. It takes years to hone my skills. Just ask my mom.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes... I have said that... During a mountain man race while trying to catch up to Steph on the very last part of the second run. I was pretty fucking close to catching her.

me?!?!?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
tenor.gif

Top Bottom