The Joy of Mountain Biking

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I forgot to ask...how's the bike?
giphy.gif

jklett

Congratulations Joy, condolences Steve. I know you've said that you wanted to progress, looks like you nailed it!

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If the doctor oks it.

I can swear he said 4 weeks which i don't believe.

Mine was very minor and it was 5 weeks.

FTR, it looks as if your left hand works just fine for sippin' sudz. Time to work on that waistline. All kidding aside...heal up quick and follow the PT. It helped me.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just started my two week vacation today. Work's been EXTREMELY stressful (I've spent a lot of time and energy restraining myself from punching a wall... We do rent after all) and I'm trying to de-stress right now. So i am drinking a Porter (it's meh but whatever) and listening to some music. Thought I might share some of the songs I've been listening to:

--enJoy!

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Screenshot_20200822-133608~2.png

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I was just riding home from Lew Mo via PP and there's a small section of road that I have to ride on to get home. A cop in an unmarked car pulls up next to me and says "ma'am, the bike lane is over there" (it's a sharrow... Morristown doesn't have bike lanes.) I simply reply I can take the lane if I need to and then proceed to turn down a side street.

But part of me was like c'mon, pull me over and let me educate you about bike lanes, sharrows and title 39. You picked the wrong biker, bitch.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
But in all seriousness, I think I really needed that lone wolf kind of ride today. Lew Mo and PP might not be the most exciting ride but it's a good ride and one I can do without having to drive somewhere first.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I usually just glare and point to one of the dozen signs in Motown that say “bike may use full lane”.

serviceguy

If you're referencing my wisdom teeth extraction, I currently resemble a chipmunk from fight club.
Ouch. I had all four removed (at different times). My face looked like it had been melted and was hanging from my jaw at some point, and incredibly it wasn't an improvement on my looks. Thankfully it only lasted a few days.

Last edited:

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well... The pain and swelling really kicked into high gear this morning. But I do get to eat lots of ice cream so there's that. Plus I have "special" Tylenol I may tap into later.

As annoying as this is, it did get me thinking about some of the most painful injuries/experiences I've had... And only one of the worst was actually biking related... So I guess that means biking is the safest thing I do.

In no special order, here are some of the most painful things I've been thru:

• Double pneumonia (I blame Bob Dylan and a shitty doctor)
  • Top of the foot tattoo
  • Knee injury at Raystown (bad to the bone!)
  • Falling at the Journal Square path station (very long story)
  • Steve trying to cut off my earring so I can get x rays for the wisdom tooth deal. Didn't work. And luckily only short term pain.
  • And wisdom teeth extraction (but you do not talk about teeth extraction)

Robin

Out of all my tattoos, the feet were the worst. Wisdom teeth were pretty close with pain.

Hang in there. Enjoy your ice cream.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Well... The pain and swelling really kicked into high gear this morning. But I do get to eat lots of ice cream so there's that. Plus I have "special" Tylenol I may tap into later.

As annoying as this is, it did get me thinking about some of the most painful injuries/experiences I've had... And only one of the worst was actually biking related... So I guess that means biking is the safest thing I do.

In no special order, here are some of the most painful things I've been thru:

• Double pneumonia (I blame Bob Dylan and a shitty doctor)
  • Top of the foot tattoo
  • Knee injury at Raystown (bad to the bone!)
  • Falling at the Journal Square path station (very long story)
  • Steve trying to cut off my earring so I can get x rays for the wisdom tooth deal. Didn't work. And luckily only short term pain.
  • And wisdom teeth extraction (but you do not talk about teeth extraction)

Hang in there! Think I mentioned my wisdom tooth extraction - i woke up before they were done!
Also, the special tylenol - yeah, that is when i learned about narcotics! back then it was percodan. woohoo!

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hang in there! Think I mentioned my wisdom tooth extraction - i woke up before they were done!
Also, the special tylenol - yeah, that is when i learned about narcotics! back then it was percodan. woohoo!
I was never knocked out for mine. It's not that bad. I did pass out for a minute when I saw the surgeon cranking my tooth back and forth with pliers to get it out. That one they cracked to remove were not as bad.

Top Bottom