The Hazards of bike commuting

Nimrod

Been commuting this week alot

Last night wife locked me out of the house....

I just knew this was going to happen... called the house phone, her cell phone (no anwser = normal) during the middle of the day.

Called my son (he's 17 and spending his day off helping Grandpa with yard work), spoke to him and told him "Your Mother is going to lock me out of the house tonight, I can see this coming..."
(my car is at Dealer with electrical problems hence the no key situation)

So I putted around on the way home rode an extra 5 or 10 miles, had dinner out, ended up getting got home 10-15 minutes before my wife. Cleaned up my bike a little, threw out a couple of things in the garage, etc.

Later that night some light hearted bickering with my wife = Let's go :getsome: Ah the joy of being married 20 years:p

"I asked you very nicely, called you to remind you twice... I don't have my keys, why don't you answer the frigging phone? ...."

Anyhow.... this morning as I'm leaving for work, she feels guiltly.

Wife: "Give me a hug.."

Diffuser: "No frigging way! You locked me out of the house last night = NO ATTENTION FOR YOU I'm mad!

I thought this was very funny (she got the hug)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
After 20 years of being married you don't stow a key somewhere? :) We did that about 2 weeks after moving into the new house!

Nimrod

After 20 years of being married you don't stow a key somewhere? :)

Nope wife will not allow this.

"Robbers could find the spare key" (I'm serious)

btw... I informed the Mrs. last night "Getting key made up and hiding it; don't care.... and I'm not telling you where its hidden!"

idbrian

Crotch Rot
last friday i had the day off and i went chasing after my GF as she left for work in the morning to ask her a question. i couldn't find her once i got outside, i then realized i had locked myself out. i was only in my bath robe; no phone, no shoes, no other clothes. So i made the quick decision to just make a run for it and cut her off at the bus. I had to run around through traffic ridden central weehawken with nothing but my bath robe. I was rediculed by construction workers, questioned by cops, looked at like i was crazy by women at the bus stop that probably thought i was a flasher. But i found her and got a key.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
last friday i had the day off and i went chasing after my GF as she left for work in the morning to ask her a question. i couldn't find her once i got outside, i then realized i had locked myself out. i was only in my bath robe; no phone, no shoes, no other clothes. So i made the quick decision to just make a run for it and cut her off at the bus. I had to run around through traffic ridden central weehawken with nothing but my bath robe. I was rediculed by construction workers, questioned by cops, looked at like i was crazy by women at the bus stop that probably thought i was a flasher. But i found her and got a key.

Hollywood has made movies with less material than this.

Minotaur

I wear a light lanyard that has my house key, bike lock key, gym membership card and gym keys (24 hour access). Whenever I get on the bike, the lanyard is around my neck, as well as my Medic Alert dogtag, which I wear outside my shirt when riding. Can't be too prepared.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
could you not have removed the car key from your key ring, given it to the mechanic, and kept the rest of the keys for yourself? :hmmm:

Spylab

I commute to work via bike daily. I leave all my keys in the house as well. The hide-a-key is a second line of defense, but my "key" is the garage door opener. About 200 ft. from home I give her a click, and by the time I am in my driveway I can coast right into the garage. Works like a dream!

Nimrod

could you not have removed the car key from your key ring, given it to the mechanic, and kept the rest of the keys for yourself? :hmmm:

Yea, but thing I'd have to carry the key in my back pack:hmmm:

Latest Update, this just in: Wife phoned up
“I’m going out to Yoga tonight, and I’m leaving the back door open” = She wants attention.

What I didn’t tell her… the car dealer phoned up earlier in the day “You have to pickup your car today. It’s been done for 3 days”; so I did.

Pulled the car into one of the Bays here at work, still riding home tonight. I’ll pickup the car on Sunday (maybe)

Top Bottom