The Guitar Player Thread.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You know, as big of a BOO fan as I am, I didn't like it. Not sure why, he's one of my favorite guitar players.
Yeah, that’s why I asked. It was pretty meh. Like, there’s definitely some epic playing there but it wasn’t dynamic enough or something.

This is a fun one.

Oh man, great work! i discovered Archspire for the first time live a couple years ago at the Stanhope House while seeing Origin. it was so unbelievable how good they sounded live. Instant fan. Havent stopped listening since, along with BOO and the Faceless. Best 3 bands in whatever you call that amazing genre, in my opinion. Also big into Death.

Any idea why their first album was removed from spotify? All shall align.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I didn't know they had a first album!! I use iTunes and it's not on there either.

EJphotos

I’ve always wanted one...they play amazing. I “bought my wife” this Ibanez a few years ago because I secretly wanted a semi-hollow. She’s no 335 though...

A good 335 is a lifetime guitar. Those Ibanez guitars are nice, very good especially for their price point. What year is your LP Studio? I have a 95 LP Studio in wine red

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A good 335 is a lifetime guitar. Those Ibanez guitars are nice, very good especially for their price point. What year is your LP Studio? I have a 95 LP Studio in wine red
Got it around 2002 I think? It’s either an ‘01 or ‘02. I’ll have it till I’m dead. That thing has been through the ringer and still plays and sounds amazing. I think that must have been just before Gibson started going to shit. I played a fairly new studio not long ago and it felt like a knock off in comparison.

EJphotos

Got it around 2002 I think? It’s either an ‘01 or ‘02. I’ll have it till I’m dead. That thing has been through the ringer and still plays and sounds amazing. I think that must have been just before Gibson started going to shit. I played a fairly new studio not long ago and it felt like a knock off in comparison.
Nice. Yeah my 95 is heaps and bounds better than any of the new Studios. Had it for 14 years, lots of play wear and dings and dents, headstock repair, chips, still going strong. I also have a 2003 LP Classic that is an outstanding guitar too...puts a lot of Custom Shop reissues to shame. Early 90s to early 2000s Gibsons seem to be a really good time frame for them.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That Novah is pretty sweet @jimvreeland
Will be able to listen to it when I get home.

I'll have to post more noodling videos too.
But I got this for Christmas, which is pretty sweet:

Absolutely beautiful 335. I don't own one YET. but have several 335 style guitars.

Some footage from part of a live tracking session last night. We aren't keeping this take because there were too many little flubs but I did manage to get decent footage! I always set up multiple cameras in the studio.

I'm playing through a blackface 50's Fender Bassman in to a Celestion Vintage 30 (which is isolated in a different room). Our bassist and keyboardist are going direct in to the board.

EJphotos

Absolutely beautiful 335. I don't own one YET. but have several 335 style guitars.
Thanks! It sure is a nice one. You have a Heritage 535 right? Next best thing especially since it was built the old Gibson factory by the guys who used to build the Bursts.

Top Bottom