The Great Northern Migration Ride, July 26, Mahlon Dickerson

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Request For Help

Hey gang...

After digging through all the replies, there aren't a ton of ya' that I know are familiar w/MDR. As far as I know, myself, Steve, and Brett are the only "MDR Familiar" folks that have said they're in, with a few other folks still on the fence. In the event there are 30+ riders, it'd be nice to have a little more help.

So, who is coming out that is familiar with MDR? I'd like to get together a few minutes early and go over the route in detail with y'all to help keep folks rollin' the right direction.

Let me know...

Thanks.
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

The Kalmyk

Tim...If we do the same loop as last time I will lend a hand...I led my buddy on a ride there using your loop

V

vtalum2001

'tis a bummer. I was hopin' that you'd show up to help Val and Mare balance the testosterone :D

If everybody shows who says they will, or might, there will be 34 guys...and Val...and Mare...

yah sorry... totally bad timing.... i'll be there in spirit.... :)

Have fun!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Tim...If we do the same loop as last time I will lend a hand...I led my buddy on a ride there using your loop

Thanks Spence.

It is 80% the same. There are a few minor tweaks, a loop around 3-stone (we only did the back half last time), and the major addition...treking through the WMA. Instead of taking a left when we get to the big 4-way intersection @ the rail bed we'll go straight into the WMA, end up almost to Saffin Pond on the rail bed, ride North on the rail bed, then hang a right heading towards 3-stone/Highpoint (which is the left off the railbed in the last ride). The loop south of Weldon Rd (The Wall, Stone Gate, etc.), up around Cascade, and the North loop is almost identical (sans a small tweak).

It looks to be about 4 miles longer than April's Hooligan ride...but half of that is pretty easy goin' through the WMA......gotta' make sure all the southerners migrating North get there monies worth :D

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Tim,
I'll come a lil earlier and help out, I'm in Sparta and know Mahlon pretty well but if anyone has the route I can download to the Garmin that would help?
Chris

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Hey Tim,
I'll come a lil earlier and help out, I'm in Sparta and know Mahlon pretty well but if anyone has the route I can download to the Garmin that would help?
Chris

Cool. Anybody w/a Garmin who wants the tcx file, please PM me your e-mail addy.

qsilvr99

I'd like to go on this in order to see how much I have improved since the April ride, unfortunately I'll still be in upstate NY.

Have fun guys. Just watch out for the last damn rock on the Devil's Staircase bypass. It'll grab a wheel if you're not watching:rolleyes:

Dave

Weather????

With crazy rain we got today (Thursday) and the possibility of more showers tomorrow and Sunday, is the ride still going to be on for Sunday?

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
With crazy rain we got today (Thursday) and the possibility of more showers tomorrow and Sunday, is the ride still going to be on for Sunday?

So far, so good.

MDR drains well, so unless it is a monsoon, rain between now and then is not really an issue (well, it could be a tad muddy in the WMA). The real issue is will it be storming on Sunday...we'll see...

Forecast is calling for a 30% chance, so we're probably okay at the moment...

J-7

I wanted to really make this ride but the work schedule just didn't work out. Have fun.

Top Bottom