The Great Clif Bar Showdown

this is the most fascinating thread in a long time and with the addition of an actual bracket, Norm, you have taking it to the next level.

At whole foods yesterday I picked up spiced pumpkin pie, gingerbread, choc chip and cherry almond something. Now I just have to find sometime to ride long enough to justify eating them!

this is the most fascinating thread in a long time and with the addition of an actual bracket, Norm, you have taking it to the next level.

I'm very happy to read that since I was wondering if I was in danger of jumping the shark with this thread. The Sweet Sixteen (18) idea really gives it more focus as opposed to a never-ending series of random matchups.

I never would have imagined you devising a bracket in such a fashion. I love it! Even better that you left the box of chalk in the picture. :rofl:

Let the competition begin!

Let the competition begin!

Indeed!

East Region

Cool Mint Chocolate (1)
Oatmeal Raisin Walnut/Chocolate Brownie (4 play-in game)

Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch (2)
Cranberry Apple Cherry (3)

3071877439_7c021a8452.jpg

West Region

Maple Nut (1)
Chocolate Chip (4)

Spiced Pumpkin Pie (2)
Peanut Toffee Buzz (3)

3071877329_0d28c2159d.jpg

North Region

Pear Apple Strudel (1)
Apricot (4)

Banana Nut Bread (2)
Blueberry Crisp (3)

3072713630_d29d6b31b4.jpg

South Region

Crunchy Peanut Butter (1)
Carrot Cake/Chocolate Almond Fudge (4 play-in game)

Black Cherry Almond (2)
Iced Gingerbread (3)

3072713496_3e76d03220.jpg

how did you determine what flavor was in what bracket? the east really seems to be stacked (with chocolate) while the south seems to be stacked with fruit. i'm actually quite happy since blueberry is going to make a deep run...but i'm skeptical of whether or not it can hold up against the pear-apple.

ok, now we need a poll to see who thinks who will win. can do a poll 18 deep? maybe wait until the elite 8?

this really is the best thread in a long, long time.

also, depending on how this stacks up, i can easily see blueberry or pear apple in the finals...but alas, we all know that chocolate will come out on top

how did you determine what flavor was in what bracket? the east really seems to be stacked (with chocolate) while the south seems to be stacked with fruit. i'm actually quite happy since blueberry is going to make a deep run...but i'm skeptical of whether or not it can hold up against the pear-apple.

I had a ranking list as I was doing this, so I had a 1-18 order. I put them together and tried to rearrange it so there would be no rematches of the previous seeding rounds (I'm actually serious).

Blueberry got a tough draw, I think. Both the Banana and the Pear Apple are very good tasting newcomers. Having said that, Apricot is punchy enough to win that round 1 game against Pear-Apple but not string enough to win 2 games in a row, I don't think. So if Blueberry can take out Banana, a pretty tall task IMO, it could suddenly find itself in the Final Four.

The Maple Nut could be a contender when the time comes as well.

also, depending on how this stacks up, i can easily see blueberry or pear apple in the finals...but alas, we all know that chocolate will come out on top

The only chocolate that will get out of the first round is the Cool Mont Chocolate. I've been having problems with that lately too, as it's starting to taste too much like an Andes Candy.

I think you may want to change the Chocolate to Peanut in your busting of me, as anything with peanut lately is tasting better and better. If I'm a betting man I would give Crunchy Peanut Butter the best odds right now.

ok, now we need a poll to see who thinks who will win. can do a poll 18 deep? maybe wait until the elite 8?

this really is the best thread in a long, long time.

i'm calling crunchy peanut butter all the way.

Indeed!

East Region

Cool Mint Chocolate (1)
Oatmeal Raisin Walnut/Chocolate Brownie (4 play-in game)

Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch (2)
Cranberry Apple Cherry (3)

3071877439_7c021a8452.jpg

West Region

Maple Nut (1)
Chocolate Chip (4)

Spiced Pumpkin Pie (2)
Peanut Toffee Buzz (3)

3071877329_0d28c2159d.jpg

North Region

Pear Apple Strudel (1)
Apricot (4)

Banana Nut Bread (2)
Blueberry Crisp (3)

3072713630_d29d6b31b4.jpg

South Region

Crunchy Peanut Butter (1)
Carrot Cake/Chocolate Almond Fudge (4 play-in game)

Black Cherry Almond (2)
Iced Gingerbread (3)

3072713496_3e76d03220.jpg

Norm for President!

I am pulling for black cherry almond but I am sure it won't win.

That's a virtual unknown at this point because it's been so long since I had it. It was one of the original 6 (or so) and it's held as a pretty good bar but it's been so long I really don't know what to expect. It will almost surely get past Iced Gingerbread, which at this stage has worn out it's novelty and is nothing more than ok. But then it draws a tough game with Crunchy Peanut Butter if the rankings hold.

busy day today, huh norm? :D

End of year, software cycles start to get put on hold. Everything gets frozen for the last 2 weeks of the year so people tend to fade once 12/1 rolls around. Ideally, the last 2 weeks of the year are quiet.

The play-in games start tomorrow!

And there we were at Target...standing in front of the Cliff Bars and deciding which to buy and we actually said...

Well Norm said......this one taste better....

Who would have thunk it Normie-poo..

And there we were at Target...standing in front of the Cliff Bars and deciding which to buy and we actually said...

Well Norm said......this one taste better....

Who would have thunk it Normie-poo..

That's awesome stuff! Next you'll be cutting them into little squares before your rides...

Not that I am a real gambling man but my money is on Chocolate Brownie. What's the line on this?

Back
Top Bottom