The Grand Ave Project

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
In general, the drop bar of the bar should be just about parallel to the ground,.
You mean the area between tops and hoods should be parallel?
1571672681826.png

RobW

I went back and re-read/skimmed this entire blog. Awesome work on the fit out, congrats on your son, and slam that stem, for looks FTW.
Thanks, I guess I should update this soon with the new addition coming soon. We are the middle of rough sketches on the addition and final phase of remodel. Since we planned for this when we initially started this project it should be an easy step. Here is a very rough sketch I did.. basically a dinner napkin sketch but you get the idea..
98FF41BA-E056-422E-84D0-D70118E6E3EE.jpeg

Splitting the front porch and making right side with gable roof and making main entrance into left side of porch which will become a sitting foyer with Metal modern farmhouse pitch roof over that. Master suite Rear addition will be over current kitchen keeping same direction of roof line but higher. Will have Cupula on that section ... vaulted ceilings in master, also looking to move laundry up there somewhere.

Last edited:

RobW

Step one- remove rotted wood
BB6E460B-B6AD-4578-956C-80ED1BD6DAC6.jpeg

Step two- frame and re-sheath for appropriate windows/door.
CED5F8CB-9863-4827-AEC8-13C9BDA5BB9A.jpeg

Step 3- install windows and tyvek walls and install door
63FDA3BD-EF7C-474D-AFE2-5A5DD6ECDB1F.jpeg

Today- make entry landing with stairs, install vertical siding and fix trim on upper roof

Inside porch is going to be my personal project- insulation, walls, re-do floor and create bike space.

Next major project is to frame new upstairs windows and install vertical siding.

RobW

finished front porch along with landing/steps.
1C5885D7-E143-4010-9606-E5206AE30529.jpeg

I need to do a lot of work on the inside of porch but for now it’s staying as is until I can free up some time....
Future projects from Spring through summer include
-paint to the blue siding whit & shutters to match front door
-stain front steps
-finish inside of porch with some sort of walls
-new attic window, and upstairs windows
-Sidewalk replacement
-driveway/apron

Then list for sale- no big addition as the ROI was lower than keeping it a two bedroom. In the meantime, I look every day in our surrounding towns for another shithole to shine up. When this is all done, It going to be tough to let go of the sweat equity. I do however think that renting could be an option.

Thoughts on renting?? Please advise

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Looking great! I like the dry laid brick walkway, but not everyone's cup-o-tea.

Do not rent it out. You will watch some ass, or their asshole friend ruin your hard work.
And then they will call you to fix it, in the middle of the night. And the last thing they will do is
not pay the last month of rent, and disappear.

will this happen with every renter? no. will this happen? yes.

If you want rental income, make a place look decent, and rent it out. Not what you did here.
Someone is going to buy it, and love it, until their fam gets a little too large. Then they can decide on
moving, or adding....

on the other note, if you really love living there, don't look at the addition as an investment that should have
positive ROI in any short timeframe - say you put 50 in, but could only get 30 out in 10 years? So? it is like
adding a bedroom for a couple hundred a month, and you get to continue to live where you put in the time.....

tl;dr

sell it and release the equity for you next project
or
stay in it, and add-on. cause it is yours.

iman29

Looking great! I like the dry laid brick walkway, but not everyone's cup-o-tea.

Do not rent it out. You will watch some ass, or their asshole friend ruin your hard work.
And then they will call you to fix it, in the middle of the night. And the last thing they will do is
not pay the last month of rent, and disappear.

will this happen with every renter? no. will this happen? yes.

If you want rental income, make a place look decent, and rent it out. Not what you did here.
Someone is going to buy it, and love it, until their fam gets a little too large. Then they can decide on
moving, or adding....

on the other note, if you really love living there, don't look at the addition as an investment that should have
positive ROI in any short timeframe - say you put 50 in, but could only get 30 out in 10 years? So? it is like
adding a bedroom for a couple hundred a month, and you get to continue to live where you put in the time.....

tl;dr

sell it and release the equity for you next project
or
stay in it, and add-on. cause it is yours.
^^all this what he said. Looks great.

Top Bottom