The Goatriders Horde!!

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Ok, here's the winter bloggish thing.I(we) are gonna ride right thru the snow til it's just physically impossible, then switch to xc skis and really raise some hell. I'm sick of the whining around here and the trainer/roller talk of last winter was just unacceptable. So far JDG,Ronznd4spd and GDM1 rose to the call and walked thru streams with me so they're in for now(things change at 15 degrees). I'm hittin the Dethloop on the 3rd and the 4th is my on Sun at AOA so the next ride (weather permitting) will be the 11th. Allamuchy,Stokes or Mahlon?? What say ye you worthless dogs?Rides will be put in RR&E when scheduled..........

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
WTF? Don't you start at like noon at AE? Why not Sunday AM at like 7:00. Clocks back, that's really 8:00.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Good snow rides are priceless- some of the most fun you can have on a bike. The last couple winters have been GREAT for riding, with only 3 weekends of no riding due to too-deep snow...

DSCF2424.jpg

Image-F105652B68C711D9.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I agree. I think you miss much more trail time in the spring than the winter.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
oh yeah! Snow rides rule!!
In winter it helps that there are less family events/picnics/kid's parties and all that non-sense that tries to sabotage my rides :p

SSing @ Ramapo lake:
P2050047sized.jpg

Mooch:
P2260029sized.jpg

hardtale70

Shop Keep
WTF? Don't you start at like noon at AE? Why not Sunday AM at like 7:00. Clocks back, that's really 8:00.

WTF is AE?? I'm the one who memorized 1000 mi of trail while you sat behind a desk so I make the rules in my winter bloggish thing.As the seaon progresses these will not be sunny/happy 10 milers.These will be full on 15-25 mile 10 degree and snowing deth rides. Stud up and prep those bikes!!!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
AO, AE, what's it matter?

Action...

A: Argonauts
E: Eggbeaters
I: Icelanders
O: Outfitters
U: Undertakers

It's all the same.

There are no rules in the Bloggish Thing. You post, and people put stupid comments. That's how it works. If you want full carte blanche write a book, bitch.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
you know i'm down for severe frostbite and hypothermia. and i will ford rivers when it's below freezing. :2guns:

the 11th, however, through the next weekend is booked solid for me.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
for stb

WTF is AE?? I'm the one who memorized 1000 mi of trail while you sat behind a desk so I make the rules in my winter bloggish thing.As the seaon progresses these will not be sunny/happy 10 milers.These will be full on 15-25 mile 10 degree and snowing deth rides. Stud up and prep those bikes!!!!

hardtale70

Shop Keep
what are you guys talking about. We aren't even close to winter riding yet.

And yet we're still losing the momentum of the summer season already.I'm already riding frost in the am. I just want to get some other riders on the "no off season" kick and work them down to temp. Just jumping in on a ride in Jan. can be bad.................

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah it goes fast. I haven't been off road since the Ringwood race. I'm chipping ice of the car windows in the morning. Before you know it you see 20s when you wake up.

RonzNd4Spd

Ok, here's the winter bloggish thing.I(we) are gonna ride right thru the snow til it's just physically impossible, then switch to xc skis and really raise some hell. I'm sick of the whining around here and the trainer/roller talk of last winter was just unacceptable. So far JDG,Ronznd4spd and GDM1 rose to the call and walked thru streams with me so they're in for now(things change at 15 degrees). I'm hittin the Dethloop on the 3rd and the 4th is my on Sun at AOA so the next ride (weather permitting) will be the 11th. Allamuchy,Stokes or Mahlon?? What say ye you worthless dogs?Rides will be put in RR&E when scheduled..........

What and where is AOA?
I need a time and place to ride sun.????

hardtale70

Shop Keep
AOA is action outfitters, the shop brett occasionally works at. i'm sure they wouldn't mind you riding laps around the store though... :D

Every bike here is test ridden thru the facility.Oops I just put the new Pitch thru a glass case,gotta go...................................

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Well the Blue Dethloop was pretty ok.The NYCMTB crew kept a large and varied group moving along pretty well and managed to turn a boatload of mindless circles into a decent ride with not much backtrack or do-overs.I'm reviewing my "mental movie" and matching it to the map so maybe i can design something for the Horde.The "skatepark" feel of the park isn't really my thing but this place would be prime w/ 4-6" of snow.Thanks Jbog and crew for the tour,you did a great job.PS I never touched Sean on Debacle no matter what he says..................................

hardtale70

Shop Keep
I can't believe they locked go lance go just as it was gettin good.Anyway,Joanqs,yes she knows,and realizes she has but 35mos to change my mind or kill me in my sleep.As for you Playallday, I mean sitoncouchallday, he's kinda more a physiological anomaly then an athelete.His body is just built and acts different than ours.Also, Jake, if your reading this AC and Jeff are kinda gettin the whole "stalker" vibe from ya,you gotta lay off a bit.So Sun the 11th is the next Hordefest.Allamuchy or Stokes?? If no-one pipes up I'll just post up my decision tommorrow maybe in RR&E.........................

BadLine

When we doing the allamuchy winter ride / farm pallet bon fire? Fire, ice and dynamite.

Last edited:
Top Bottom