The Goatriders Horde!!

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
So tues a have a surprise and find out i have to accompany a joint PA/NJ state police search of the property for some "cold case" evidence.It was interesting but that combined w/ 3hrs this week of a complete rebuild of my bike put me a little behind in my schedule.So I'm finally going to the T-day ride that i've heard about for years,I've prepped my bike to the max, I'm running late(unheard of) and now rt 515 is CLOSED!! Total stress bomb!! Anyway I get there and can see that I've been suckered.A mass of unstructered lollygaggers, w/ cars still pulling in after 820,pathetic.I ask the AO boys if they see anyone they wanna go w and we end up just rolling out alone.I was hoping to catch up w/ the Skylands/Black Bear group that just rode right thru the lot at 805ish and took off, but they must have done a slightly different route.Everyone we encountered in the woods had either a personal or mech prob so we just finished up and went home.Total waste of time, but hey, live and learn, and now i log in and general bike talk is full of"happy bday and merry xmas", WHAT THE Flippin effity F!!!! Does anyone ride or is this now a social club..........................

hardtale70

Shop Keep
So mike's wish was my command.Sun was tough.Keeping all the varied skill levels happy and moving together is hard sometimes.D and Joey are just ridiculous sometimes but I'm used to it and they have no idea where they are w/o me so they have to wait eventually.Faaudi(sp?) fought til the end though and mike was freakin on it so alls well i guess.I have to finish a couple leaf cleanups and I'm not sure how much i'll be involved in the cx race setup for this Sun so probably no organized goatride to speak of til next,next wknd....................

hardtale70

Shop Keep
So leaves are done,CX is history and now there's only firewood to worry about.Today i got almost a cord in for my moms.It sucked.Hand skidded,hand split and then i tried to save some steps during loading and got the truck in a bad place.i've never seen a clutch smoke like that in my life! Now it's ride tommorrow then more wood in the pm,then ride MD before work then work again Mon.Maybe I'll see you bitches in the woods or maybe at MY SALE!! I get to cross "having my very own sale" off my life to do list................
'

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yeah, but you still have 'make up for not having the reba 29er for jake' on there.

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Rode all morning past live fire,blood and gutpiles.I think we pissed some hunters off.I was great and we all went to the diner too......................

xc62701

Yea that one guy was pissed. "You guys are crazy! I could have killed you! You must be stupid!" Lol...not stupid just adventurous. I counted 12 hunters by the time we made our exit. Thanks again for leading and dealing with my route/location questions. One day I'll be able to lead a ride and you can feel proud! ;)

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i need some clarification. is it "the goatrider's horde", implying that you are the goatrider and we are your horde; or is it "the goatriders horde", implying that we are all goatriders?? :confused:

hardtale70

Shop Keep
i need some clarification. is it "the goatrider's horde", implying that you are the goatrider and we are your horde; or is it "the goatriders horde", implying that we are all goatriders?? :confused:

It started as the former, but my A team is gettin pretty good so now it's the latter i guess.I'm still overall trailmaster though.................

anrothar

entirely thrilled
so you're the OG goatrider then. or the OGGR. pronounce oh-guh-ger. like an ogre, but with a studder. :D

BadLine

I refer to him as BretBrett. Kind of like a TomTom for your car. When you ride with him you just here turn left at the oak tree or "you've gone to far jackoff's."

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Today was a little shorter than i expected but everyone seemed ok w/ it i guess.I spent some time replacing rotted nipples and spokes after the Tday ride and i gotta say the wheel is puttin some snappy power to the ground now.I've also really been working on expanding my SS countermeasures and their weaknesses are much more apparent in the snow so things are lookin better for me everyday.Next week I'm covering a Sat. shift so there'll be a Sun ride, weather permitting............................

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Probably not,although i have made some stupid last minute decisions in the past....................

hardtale70

Shop Keep
I got called in to AOA to cover and i still have to cover tommorrow.This is getting old.How do you people go to work everyday, it's just mindnumbing IMO.I was clearing some trail for future megaloops when i got interrupted this am and i never got to the firewood i wanted to get done either.Tommorrow if it's slow i think i'm gonna try to tackle the dreaded stans no tubes kit.I got some Salsa Delgado rims w/ DT hubs and i'm gonna try the tubeless stuff while everything is brandy new.I'll start them w/ the spez capt control tires and see how they work.I really like the moto raptors but i just destroyed them.No-one at the shop can believe what i did to them.I've tried to explain to people how much i lay the bike over and the lateral pressures i put on the wheels but they just didn't get it til they saw the raptors current state.I think i'm in need of some nokian 29 studs as well..........................

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
how do you like the delgados? i'll let you know tomorrow/sunday on the nokians.

J-Dro

how do you like the delgados?

I'm running a Delgado on the front wheel on my xxix. It has stayed almost perfectly true all season and I'm not very gentle with it. I give it a thumbs up.

BTW, Why don't we have a thumbs up emoticon?

hardtale70

Shop Keep
how do you like the delgados? i'll let you know tomorrow/sunday on the nokians.

At sight value i'm not impressed w/ the weld.We sent my first front back caused it showed up looking like a noodle w/ a hop.They're no Mavic but whatever.........................

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Sunday

Due to the various possibilities of tommorrow I'll say I'll ride Allamuchy w/ whoever wants to come to my house in the am.Post up any interest and we'll figure the specifics later.............

Top Bottom