The Goatriders Horde!!

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Well today was crazy.I took a break from firewood to go see the Mavic reps presentation and got to see the c29ssmaxs along with most of their road stuff. Some cool shizzle and i think i'm gonna get the maxs.When i returned to the "farm" i went to split a few pieces before i went back out for a full load and broke the pull start string on the splitter but it was running so i figured i'd let it run til i returned w/ the load but the f'r stalled.Oh well i guess. I hand split voluntarily last week to train for the dethloop but now it's back to the amish way again.I thought of ChrisG as i got out the maul and i made that woodpile my bitch.I did the whole load lefty to just to keep it interesting.It's snowing now and i wish it would leave an inch in Stokes for GR#2 but it'll probably melt......................Sunday we(I) ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I thought of ChrisG as i got out the maul and i made that woodpile my bitch.I did the whole load lefty to just to keep it interesting.
That's some real fawkin' exercise there. I'm genuinely envious. These days the most physical yard work I get is pushing the mower around for 45 minutes.

I took down a dead tree in my yard a few weeks ago; brought back a little bit of those firewood-chasing days of old, but no splitting to be done.

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Did the Stokes ride w/ a Bainish influence and tried doing stuff in a different order and direction. It sucked but i have some thoughts now on a great snow route.I hurt twice as much as the Blue Mt ride in less than half the distance.Why does Stokes pummel me so??Anyway, methinks "The Celtic Beast" may be in the air now.Look out Costa Rica and goodluck 'ol buddy.............

hardtale70

Shop Keep
I was gonna pick on Jake but instead i'll just talk tomyself here.Sun at Stokes was my last chance w/ badline, his "Blinglespeed" is now complete and he will stomp me at will now.At least i got a few more hours of watching him struggle w/ a silly 26r.It was almost as entertaining as the Blue Mt ride.Those poor slobs on 26s, it's almost not fair. I'm still stunned that such a simple wheel change makes a whole new world.Methinks there's gonna be a suprise Sat goatride!! MD,Allamuchy or KVSP????Somebody pick a spot and I'll check the weather.........................

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Not even snowing or cold and this whole board has TANKED!! Maybe it's just cause Norm and Sean are away, who knows.I'm gonna post a ride and start some shizzle............

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Well maybe I'll have some victims on Sat. Looks like a large spectrum of skilllevels as well,should be interesting.Then theres all those T Day Wknd rides and then i get towork on the Skylands Ballpark cyclocross the week after i think.Very bicyclebusy....................

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Hey it keeps me outta trouble.Nobody in here ever talks about anything worthwhile really so all i do is taunt and mock them.Now I'll just sit here and talk to myself and there's less drama. I'm wondering why I post these rides that will take 90% of this board places they've never been before and I get almost zero interest and now this mindnumbing KVSP ride that i put up just for whatever may get like 8 people.Unto themselves Deer Park and KVSP are worthless to me.I always ride in from somewhere else to make more mileage plus i love the feeling of "traveling" somewhere in the woods on my biznikkle.If "metal" Mike shows this will be a Hordefest indeed..................

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok, brett, i'll play.

the thing is, people need to meet you in person so they can get a full understanding of the man behind pete puma (that's your avatar, btw...i'll find a more suitable one soon). they need to feel your passion. your love of cycling. your...your...brettness. it's all good buddy. and i'm sorry you have to lower yourself to riding with the likes of me at KVSP. alas, if i were the single, care-free young lad of just a few years ago (or just didn't have to chase my children aroud all weekend) i would be happy to join you on your various vision quests. however, as we are all acutely aware, the free time that bonefishjake has is pretty slim.

soo...that said....i will do my best to join you on these "lesser rides" and try my hardest to partake in a journey or two over the winter. i fear not the cold, i fear not the ice. in fact, riding on them, i find quite nice. no haiku, but whatever.

ryderX

So WTF, are your riding tomorrow or running for public office ? Where ? When? What? wHow ?(long)

hardtale70

Shop Keep
www.3inchesofblood.com

Ok 8am Cranberry busstop.Warm up on railtrail north into park then a full tour of KVSP then back to the cars on railtrail south as a cooldown(like we'll need that,brrrrrr)This could be a semi-pro to slopokejoe rider spectrum but no worries cause I'm in command......see ya in the am.............

hardtale70

Shop Keep
As for you Jake..

I'm not lowering myself at all. Many of the "superfast" let me tag along with them and I'm just returning the favor down the ladder to the upandcomers.When you come to one of my rides you are my responsibility and I'll bust my ass so you have fun.I stress all nite-before on route,geography,topography, and preparedness for any mechanical incidents.I'm a ridiculous human trail library, use me...........

xc62701

Ok 8am Cranberry busstop.Warm up on railtrail north into park then a full tour of KVSP then back to the cars on railtrail south as a cooldown(like we'll need that,brrrrrr)This could be a semi-pro to slopokejoe rider spectrum but no worries cause I'm in command......see ya in the am.............

Sounds cool. Let me see if I can actually get up that early...lol. Are we rolling at 8 or rolling shortly after? We could actually cruise the rail trail the other way too and take a tour of the Mooch for extra credit too :D

hardtale70

Shop Keep
I'm a stickler for punctuality so don't be late. Next time KVSP comes up on the goatride sched it will probably be from my house, thru mooch then only halfway back on railtrail and switch to hightracks back to greendell then road to my house.I also have another modified version that i may post as a liteless full moon ride, but not til my "cat knife" arrives, for I am not the apex predator in Allamuchy anymore.......................

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Well that was otay.I lost a rider on the first climb,never to be seen again, but we plodded on.I threw in a bonu$ challenge at the "about a 1/3 of the way" point and Mike took some cash off me then we just lollied along and i cut some corners off and we skipped the last part that i planned, but everybody made it back to the car and noone was late so i guess thats a good thing.Anybody have a mileage??

J

jimex7

Was an excellent ride it was nice meeting you guys and thanks for waiting up fpr me.
J7

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Collected first $ from the firewood stand and then went to KVSP.Freakin ridiculous!! My bike is covered in snow and I'm soaked but that was more fun than you can imagine.I love my 29........................

Top Bottom