The Garbage Heap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Careful, the powers that be don't like race criticism constructive or not. I love having the H2H series but in general if they would collaborate a bit with other series promoters like MASS NYSMTB as well as take some criticism this series could gain so much more traction.
I’ve held it in for 2 days but still feel the need to say it….That was one of, if not the worst, marked courses i‘ve ever raced.

Having a long loop and short loop which overlap is one thing. But If you’re going to do that then you have to make it very clear to the racers where they are supposed to go. On the first Cat 1 lap, it was total confusion when endurance racers were going one way, and Cat 1 was going another. People stopped, backtracked, etc. This was 10 minutes into the race.
Then coming out of the tunnel, I had to stop and try to understand which way to go….again. That should never happen. You can’t expect someone who is over an hour into a race to try and decipher those little signs. I saw more than a few people going backwards on the course which really just made it worse.
Get some poster board and paint and make some signs. Its not that hard.

We’re lucky to have such an awesome series here. I think it gets taken for granted and that’s a shame. But it is a disservice to the rest of the series promoters to have a course like that. I’ll continue to support H2H and i might even do a RSG promoted race again, but i really hope the race organizer understands how bad that was and makes an effort to improve. Especially if they are going to charge more than the the other H2H races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom