The Flu ...

F

FallGirl1430

I sure hope no one out there in MTBNJ land has the flu like I have had these past 2 weeks, it's been terrible. I've already missed 2 races in CT. I hope to be well enough to ride this Saturday at the Mountain Bike clinic at Washington Valley. It will most likely take 2 weeks to get strength back. Tommy too has been very sick. I hope to be back on the trails soon,

Christina ... :(

Shaggz

A strong 7
Good luck christina. Mine turned into Bronchitis, my wife's turned into pneumonia. I was off the bike for 6 weeks. Go to the doctor. Feel better.

Frank

Sasquatch
feel better. I just started riding again after having pneumonia 4 weeks ago and it sucks. Take care of yourself so it doesn't get worse.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
2 weeks ago I went to south Jersey for the Oddman race and got hit with the stomach flu in the middle of the race. First run was OK, the bike was alright but started feeling real achy, 2nd run my stomach cramped and could barely move. Started puking as soon as I crossed the finish line and was sick for days. It sucked royally! Be happy your sick in the comfort of your own home!! it's real hard to get home when you're an hour and half from home and exploding out of both ends!!!!!

The Kalmyk

Fall Girl....Did it start with a soar throat....Just inquiring because the soar throat started last night for me and now I barely talk

Mare

I raced Sunday and the whole time I couldn't breathe! The stuff in my throat and lungs is awful! How the heck are we supposed to train if we can't breathe?

F

FallGirl1430

OMG! guys,
Chemgirl, you threw up at the finish line! jesus,
Shaggz, boy you and your wife were so sick, glad to see you both are better.
Brew, thanks for the get well.
Spence for alot of people it starts with a sore throat, I hear it will last for about 2 weeks. Mare sorry to hear about the trouble you had breathing, my lungs and head was filled with fluids too, and Dr.s can do nothing for us. I'm going to try to race this Sunday in CT, I really shouldn't even bother. Hey guys thanks to you all for sharing, and get well soon,

Huggz, Christina ... :)

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Wow, sorry to hear about so many people being sick. I hope everyone gets better soon!!

I wouldn't worry about missing any early season races. They usually give you a false sense of where you are. The season is long, and there is plenty of time to peak for summer. In spring, when I am making the most gains, I always try to listen to my body and get the rest when needed.

F

FallGirl1430

Wow excellent advice Pixy, I didn't think of it that way. I rode my road bike today since getting the flu 2 weeks ago, I went 21 miles average mph was about 17-19, I was suprized. I still feel since I missed one race already that my season is over LOL, but you are right, listen to our bodies,

Christina ... :)

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one struggling to get riding now that the weather's nicer. (Not that I'm glad anyone's sick of course! Never!)

I didn't get the flu or any viral/bacterial infections, but my whole body, mind and spirit has just kind of crashed. 3 of my family members died within 3 months of each other this past winter. Each one exactly 5 weeks after the other. I was extremely close with 2 of them.:(

Today I went on my first outside ride since last fall. All I could muster was about 2 miles on a dirt road.

Shaggz

A strong 7
My condolences, Rosy. I hope that getting back in the saddle brings you some comfort.

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
So sorry to hear Rosy. Hopefully the beauty and the rebirth of spring will bring back your love of life and heal your spirit. I feel for you as I know these things take time.

Top Bottom