Recovery is the new Black (The Sober Thread)

What is your goto for protein? I like TVP, but it would get old.
do you do eggs? yogurt?
ty.

---

Wow - day 8 is a Friday happy hour. It is like my body alarm clock went off and wants to know where the beer is.
I managed not to get the shakes or anything like that this time around
Damn.

I thought yesterday was tough - got some paperwork out, hit my condo project for a bunch of hours, then the 3 hour bike session.
Was jonesin' but was tired, so grabbed some food and hit the bed.

Anyway, wife is having some white wine, and while i'd drink it, it isn't like it is calling me or anything.

Glad I'm doing this.
I will usually use chickpeas for protein, hummus to spread on toast and you can do a pretty good "fake" tunafish salad with chickpeas using differing ingredients for flavor. (Instead of mayo use mustard) and for protein dtink after workout I use "vega sport" which uses oea protein. And I know what you're thinkin but when your body gets use to the beans /legumes the gas dissipates alot...everything in moderation...

Still in the game and it's going fine. I do find myself going to the fridge for a beer at night sometimes out of habit but then i'm like "oh yeah, nevermind" and go do something else. That something else should really be hopping on wifey's Peloton but more often than not it's perusing this site and youtube or watching the cable news shitshow. Bowels might be improving slightly but probably too early to tell. No change in sleep or mood or anything like that for me.

I will usually use chickpeas for protein, hummus to spread on toast and you can do a pretty good "fake" tunafish salad with chickpeas using differing ingredients for flavor. (Instead of mayo use mustard) and for protein dtink after workout I use "vega sport" which uses oea protein. And I know what you're thinkin but when your body gets use to the beans /legumes the gas dissipates alot...everything in moderation...
My wife makes the chickpea tuna salad and I like it way better than I ever liked the real thing.

I think I'm finally giving up alcohol for good. When I drink nowadays I can only have one or two drinks, otherwise my heart gets screwed up. The next day I can feel arrythmias all day long, gets worse the more I drink. So I guess I'll stop while I'm ahead, prevent the ticker from stopping prematurely, lol.

Still dry since Christmas. Sleep has been really great. I’ve been eating more junk food I think as a substitute. I’m gonna have to work on cutting down on sugar. Good thing I’m doing BIYF....

Super common actually. People experience weight gain as much as weight loss from quitting drinking. Well done!

No worries, it's all going to shit.
It's only going to get worse.

Kudos to all staying dry for January! Hopefully this challenge will be a good start to staying dry or eliminating other things like sugars or other junk food.

Still dry since Christmas. Sleep has been really great. I’ve been eating more junk food I think as a substitute. I’m gonna have to work on cutting down on sugar. Good thing I’m doing BIYF....
Same here since 31st. I figured once I stop thinking where's my wine every dinner, I'll tackle sweets.
My problem is seeing results. I've woken up most of my life feeling like I have a hangover. Doctors, sleep apnea tests, etc.all they can tell me is that my body hates mornings.
So now the goal is to fit into my normal clothes.
Edit: Monday is my oldest's 18th. Screw it I'm making an exception

It's only going to get worse.

Kudos to all staying dry for January! Hopefully this challenge will be a good start to staying dry or eliminating other things like sugars or other junk food.
Yes this. The plan is to go dry starting in January, cut out the late night sweets starting in February and eat super clean the entire month of March. One life change, one month at a time. I want to be 25 lbs lighter by April 1.

Yes this. The plan is to go dry starting in January, cut out the late night sweets starting in February and eat super clean the entire month of March. One life change, one month at a time. I want to be 25 lbs lighter by April 1.
Over my the years, mostly when I was a teenager or 20 something, I had a few friends end up in a drug rehab. They never tell you to try to do too much at once. Like, don’t quit crack AND cigarettes. Work on crack first, then when you are good and ready, work on cigarettes.

your approach is the right way. But if you need more time before tackling another vice, take it. It’ll increase the odds of success

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom