The DIY thread - DIYourself

Finally a week off to get some stuff done around the house.. like the front walkway that needs a complete overhaul. The sidewalks need to be redone too so I’m still undecided if I will sub out... most likely because I have nowhere to haul crushed concrete.. either way.. it’s going to get done soon. New steps with landing coming soon also. Here the progress so far. View attachment 98569View attachment 98570View attachment 98571

Note- all the windows for the front porch are sitting on the front porch along with new door... hopefully over the fall we will do all that along with the addition.

4280B471-BDC0-453D-896F-DD866372EC50.jpeg
Forgot to update...Now I need sidewalks replaced...

So I need a kayak rack.
Specifically I need to house 2 kayaks, a canoe and a paddle boat.
If there’s room to grow, that’s fine too.

I’ve settled on 2 6x6”s, sunk into the earth, with 2x4 arms carriage bolted to hold kayaks and canoe on one side, lean the paddle boat against the back side.

My plans are to use 10’ 6x6”s,
bury 2’ of them on top of 6” of gravel in concrete.
I’ll use forms (tubes), have the concrete extend a few inches above grade, sloped away from the post for drainage.

I’ll also seal the ends of the posts, and caulk the contact between post and cement.

Ami I missing anything?

Sometimes the DIY is simple enough and costs minimal.

Pulled into shoprite with the wife and this happened.

0B31D49E-E351-48B0-B440-D0752E3C69A3.jpeg

Took me just a minute to find the little clip to disconnect the wire so it wasn’t hanging and swinging around.

Today I went to NAPA auto and for 6 bucks bought the Permatex rear view mirror adhesive. Basically it’s a little kit with a cleaning/activator wipe and then crazy glue on steroids. One time use thing.

I just wish the package wasn’t so small that the instructions need a freaking magnifying glass.

Anyway. Follow steps to clean windshield and glue metal bracket button in place.

44079911-A0D0-42CD-8D9B-171AE508EBAD.jpeg

Then I saw it said to wait 30 minutes before attaching mirror I thought great, now I can spend 30 min alone in the garage and browse this forum and look online at other sites for bike stuff I can’t buy.

After 30+ minutes and getting the dinner is ready text I reattached the mirror and all fixed.

D43B55FA-6986-4EC4-BB6D-7ACE66CD4D91.jpeg

Sometimes the DIY is simple enough and costs minimal.

Pulled into shoprite with the wife and this happened.

View attachment 101973

Took me just a minute to find the little clip to disconnect the wire so it wasn’t hanging and swinging around.

Today I went to NAPA auto and for 6 bucks bought the Permatex rear view mirror adhesive. Basically it’s a little kit with a cleaning/activator wipe and then crazy glue on steroids. One time use thing.

I just wish the package wasn’t so small that the instructions need a freaking magnifying glass.

Anyway. Follow steps to clean windshield and glue metal bracket button in place.

View attachment 101974

Then I saw it said to wait 30 minutes before attaching mirror I thought great, now I can spend 30 min alone in the garage and browse this forum and look online at other sites for bike stuff I can’t buy.

After 30+ minutes and getting the dinner is ready text I reattached the mirror and all fixed.

View attachment 101975
I feel like this post took more effort to do than the diy

@rick81721 who your guy

OTOH, is my humidity control associated with my HVAC not performing properly? When it's crazy humid and the AC is running a duct in the basement drips water.
I have it set to summer and condensing is dripping into my sump pump

@rick81721 who your guy

OTOH, is my humidity control associated with my HVAC not performing properly? When it's crazy humid and the AC is running a duct in the basement drips water.
I have it set to summer and condensing is dripping into my sump pump

the duct drips in an unexpected spot from the inside?
do you have a make-up air system?

this means humid air is getting into the ducts after the evaporator.
those humidity controls are supposed to be for hot air ????? otherwise it would create a serious inefficiency in the a/c system.

For hot air??? No idea... I've never tinkered with it for the many years i've been here. It's always been in the low mid setting and the humidifier system has like a big plastic valve that has winter or summer and i flip that when the season is here. I havent had an issue since the past year and maybe a year ago i changed the humidifier filter. Its now flipped to summer and "1"

Looks like I may need Frank the plumber

For hot air??? No idea... I've never tinkered with it for the many years i've been here. It's always been in the low mid setting and the humidifier system has like a big plastic valve that has winter or summer and i flip that when the season is here. I havent had an issue since the past year and maybe a year ago i changed the humidifier filter. Its now flipped to summer and "1"

Looks like I may need Frank the plumber

call Tom at Cool-o-matic.
Ask that he send out Dave ("the man")
they fix shit....

Back
Top Bottom