The DIY thread - DIYourself

Wrong Way Dan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not really sure if this is where this belongs but here goes nothing. Looking to build a camp shower. Seems pretty simple rite? Here's the kick I'm going to be in a park with a lot of people around after a race I don't have a cap or racks on my truck trying to figure out something so no one sees anything they're not supposed to. Any suggestions or ideas??

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not really sure if this is where this belongs but here goes nothing. Looking to build a camp shower. Seems pretty simple rite? Here's the kick I'm going to be in a park with a lot of people around after a race I don't have a cap or racks on my truck trying to figure out something so no one sees anything they're not supposed to. Any suggestions or ideas??
One of these and a garden sprayer

Higherbird Pop up/Portable Shower Tent,Dressing Room/Tent,Camp Toilet,with Sand Bags and Carrying Bad,Sun Protection UPF 50+ and Waterproofing https://a.co/d/aV30iug

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Good ideas. But would like to make something. Don't ask me why just the way I am.

make a tepee out of 8' Tomato poles 3 or 4, plastic contractor bags, black gorilla tape, a couple zip ties.
hope the wind isn't blowing.

qclabrat

Also anyone remember how to jump dead lithium batteries for hand tools? They are too low to charge since not being used for close to three years.

Ironjunk

Also anyone remember how to jump dead lithium batteries for hand tools? They are too low to charge since not being used for close to three years.
Run them in parallel with another pack of similar but greater voltage for a minute or two. positive to positive, negative to negative.

rick81721

Lothar
Haven't done much DIY for a while and got sticker shock with 'cheap' HD paint. $40-50 a gallon is nuts. Found some passable colors in the Oops isle as well Doesn't seem like Sherwins going to have 50% off sales again this year in August. #covflationView attachment 192083

Yep paint is up like everything else. Are you in Atlantic Highlands now? Saw your ride on strava and was wondering if you started at your place.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Haven't done much DIY for a while and got sticker shock with 'cheap' HD paint. $40-50 a gallon is nuts. Found some passable colors in the Oops isle as well Doesn't seem like Sherwins going to have 50% off sales again this year in August. #covflationView attachment 192083
Yeah, we just had our house painted.
Pretty amazed with the cost per gallon, and not in a good way.
Sorry to say you just missed a $20 off per gallon at Sherwin- if I get any more deals, I’ll pass them on.

qclabrat

Yeah, we just had our house painted.
Pretty amazed with the cost per gallon, and not in a good way.
Sorry to say you just missed a $20 off per gallon at Sherwin- if I get any more deals, I’ll pass them on.
I think that was for external? How many people paint there own houses anyway

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think that was for external? How many people paint there own houses anyway
I didn’t look closely because we settled on Benjamin Moore colors.
And yeah, we had the exterior of the cabin done.
It was money, but totally worth it to have them do all the prep much better than I would have.
Some of the color decisions we made worked on paper, but I’ll be doing some changes now that I see it in real life.

Top Bottom