The DIY thread - DIYourself

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@jmanic -

Get something with less green in it, unless you are going to a traditional green,
then use one of these for window frames and trim.

Easy peasy.
;)

qclabrat

It's not what I would call durable in the normal sense, but it degrades gracefully without peeling or flaking and can be repaired/reapplied easily. It's also almost a dead flat sheen, which is ok if that's the look you want. You can bring up the sheen a little by applying another coat and buffing it. It's also not compatible with stains, so if you want color, you need to pick one of the Monocoat shades.
Is this good for guests who don't know how to use coasters and leave hot/cold rings on tabletops?

Karate Monkey

I finished re-upholstering all 6 of my dining chairs. I like how they came out.
I have enough material left over for a bench - I can either make my own bench, or find a used one to redo.

Look for used piano benches. Duets can hold mad weight (easy 350 pounds) and lots of older ones have pretty legs.PXL_20220523_145224007.MP.jpg

(Mid-century that someone spilled shit on and won't fess up)

SmooveP

Is this good for guests who don't know how to use coasters and leave hot/cold rings on tabletops?
I haven't tested for this, but it should be easier to repair than other finishes. Give it a light sanding to get rid of the visible ring and rub some more finish on it.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have used this with great success-
Also cleans up white marks caused by high proof bourbon.
Ask me how I know.

Last edited:

serviceguy

I haven't tested for this, but it should be easier to repair than other finishes. Give it a light sanding to get rid of the visible ring and rub some more finish on it.
I have used this with great success
Just thinking outside the box here, but how about beating said guests to a pulp afterward and giggle a little ever after each time you see the rings on your table just thinking about how good it felt?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just thinking outside the box here, but how about beating said guests to a pulp afterward and giggle a little ever after each time you see the rings on your table just thinking about how good it felt?
Not an option when they are your wife’s family.

Top Bottom