The DIY thread - DIYourself

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That would be easy enough to change. Although I haven't seen any lakes around here that have limits like that. It's usually run what you brung or electric only.

upstate ny has a couple -

RV is 10hp - wonder if they limit the electric? there are some monster eOutboards now. $$$$

Over the Bars

I al
upstate ny has a couple -

RV is 10hp - wonder if they limit the electric? there are some monster eOutboards now. $$$$
So many boats on rv with 25 hp motors labaled as 9.9. I always bring a small can of straight gas for my 75 hp when I go to rv haven't used it yet but have had plenty of times I probably should have to get back to the ramp from the far side of the reservoir when the wind really picks up. The electric outboards they are making have insane power now but are also insanely priced.

xc62701

I al
So many boats on rv with 25 hp motors labaled as 9.9. I always bring a small can of straight gas for my 75 hp when I go to rv haven't used it yet but have had plenty of times I probably should have to get back to the ramp from the far side of the reservoir when the wind really picks up. The electric outboards they are making have insane power now but are also insanely priced.
I would like to have a small outboard. I currently have 3 small outboards that I’d like repaired - they haven’t run in 15 years. I really only want to keep 1 as it would be a nice addition for small lakes. I have a 6hp evinrude, 15hp evinrude, and a 6hp Firestone. Anyone know people that are into tuning up small outboards? That’s beyond me.

Over the Bars

I would like to have a small outboard. I currently have 3 small outboards that I’d like repaired - they haven’t run in 15 years. I really only want to keep 1 as it would be a nice addition for small lakes. I have a 6hp evinrude, 15hp evinrude, and a 6hp Firestone. Anyone know people that are into tuning up small outboards? That’s beyond me.
I have a 85 Johnson seahorse 9.9 was my grandfather's since new and it runs like a champ. The older 2 strokes are major workhorses and pretty simple to work on

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

@jklett

xc62701

I have a 85 Johnson seahorse 9.9 was my grandfather's since new and it runs like a champ. The older 2 strokes are major workhorses and pretty simple to work on
I think the two evinrudes are from the late 70’s and the Firestone is from the 50’s/60’s

w_b

Thanks! I was thinking about how I could do it without and I said what the hell. I’ll just make the frame for the hoist and yank it out of there. I was waiting for the cops to show up since it looked like I had gallows with a rope hanging off it in my driveway.
Did a few Mercruiser SBC motors under some sketchier frames than yours. Stuff loooks legit. Love the transom too.

iman29

anyone ever use/install one of these before?

Amazon product

This morning the wife calls me to the garage and everything in the top freezer section is soft or melted (who needs ice cream in the winter anyway). Lower fridge is fine everything is cold. I have never had this issue before and still think someone may have left the door slightly open but who knows. Doing more research I came across this garage fridge heating kit which basically insulates the thermostat to keep the freezer running when its so cold. The 2 car garage part of my house is within the frame of it, meaning the the garage is under the bedrooms as compared to an external garage. It does get cold in there but not unbearable cold.

I pulled the fridge out and cleaned the coils underneath, checked the lower fan by the coils which is working. Then i took apart the freezer and checked the fan and inspected those coils figuring they were frozen but they look fine.

Before I go drop more $$ i don't have on something else, wondering if this might help if anyone has any experience with this. Hate to buy a new fridge and have the same cold temp problem anyway.

1643673049404.png

1643673065313.png

w_b

I finally got tired of effin with my old Craftsman door opener. Ripped it down.

B4FE306B-26A9-4C17-A67D-E5D378B30741.jpeg

Enter the screw drive. Low clearance, so time for ceiling surgery. Bury it halfway up between joists.

Fucker fought me every way, but she’s functional. Still needs some tweaking and beef up the mounting a bit. Also figure out how to fit some bulbs.

Tomorrow.

Oh and there’s an app for that. Even Alexa can open my door now. Woo hoo.

71AF4010-1D58-4606-9E18-05DB68A3F0AB.jpeg

Top Bottom