The DIY thread - DIYourself

THATmanMANNY

then 6 Shelter Logic units. GOT IT

I think I will research the lift thing into current attached garage but would need to change opener unit and door type

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

I think I will research the lift thing into current attached garage but would need to change opener unit and door type

the door thing is relatively easy if your ceiling is high enough.
switch to torsion spring and jack shaft opener with extended rails.
There are kits.

Single post storage lifts seem to make sense too.

iman29

26 boxes of vinyl plank flooring that I’m pretty sure I ruined my suspension getting it at home. My hitch bottomed out on the smallest rut in the pavement.
View attachment 172001
good thing you didnt need 27 boxes because it would have been more like this:

lumber.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Wait a minute. Here. The old floor looks great why mess with it?
The far left corner of the room had a leak that was from a poor trim around an exterior outlet. It was causing the floor to buckle and obviously I had to addressed the damage to the wall. The current floor is the most generic type Pergo floor and it was always on the list of something to replace. Because of a number of factors the timing was right to just do the whole thing and be done with it .

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The far left corner of the room had a leak that was from a poor trim around an exterior outlet. It was causing the floor to buckle and obviously I had to addressed the damage to the wall. The current floor is the most generic type Pergo floor and it was always on the list of something to replace. Because of a number of factors the timing was right to just do the whole thing and be done with it .
Taking up, or going over?

rick81721

Lothar

A guy in our FL community has 3 lifts in his 3 car garage (standard build on most of our homes) and he puts 6 cars in there. He stores the Porsches on top.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Found one of our sump pumps died last night when checking on the new dehumidifier. Grabbed a replacement at HD, and realized I tossed my primer/cement so I had to wait til after my ride today.

Cleaned up the area, swapped pumps, and drilled a small relief (release?) hole above the check valve. Dropped it down, plugged it in, and watched the water drain out.

Before
6A0EE2A6-F0B3-4B4F-A24B-14B1D25BE2EB.jpeg
Afta
A3F3B70F-363B-45F2-A27B-45EE3D2C10C1.jpeg

qclabrat

you'll need a mortgage to get a pad that big, and the town won't let you put it up anyway,
8 cars is 50x50 at least. if you want to be able to get around them and not have to shuffle.
Go smaller, and go up with a storage lift system. 11 or 12' ceiling on first floor, with storage above,

My brother went for about $30k for 2.5 car (has a front door) standard height/depth no floor, no electricity after superstorm sandy crushed his old garage.
Had the floor poured when he could afford it. Has pull down stairs. and attic truss storage.
@THATmanMANNY My neighbor put one in about 3-4 years back about the same size, but was a prefab wood structure with plumbing and heat, but no bathroom. Was originally quoted for about 100k, but ended up costing about 140.

ebarker9

what's this in the basement of a 1920s house?

Almost looks like it could be some kind of drain stopper mechanism. I have a weird one with the stopper interface outside of my bathtub on the floor and a lever going to the actual stopper mechanism in the tub. But I think this picture is most likely something else...no idea what.

Top Bottom