The DIY thread - DIYourself

You can't just undo the screw for the door plunger to drop the door open all the way? That's how it is on just about every other car I've changed a CA filter on.
That's what I thought until I went to do it.

You can't just undo the screw for the door plunger to drop the door open all the way? That's how it is on just about every other car I've changed a CA filter on.
all 3 of the Hyundai's I have are like this - even the 2006 Azera.

DIY hack - instead of spending the extra $$ for a "fresh scent" version, I spray the filter with air freshener and let it dry before I install them. i was gonna use a dryer sheet but thought it might restrict air flow.

I got a K&N cleanable cabin air filter it works pretty good. It's amazing how much gross crap comes out of it after just a couple months driving. There pricey at $44 but that's about the same cost as two Subaru OEM filters plus it adds like 50+HP to my A/C LOL They make them for home furnaces too I bought a pair of them 16x20x1 for $30 each I put the clean one in, clean and dry the one I took out once a month works great and saves money not having to buy a new filter all the time.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Baby is big enough where sleep is more predictable so I can finally get back to this shit show. Soffit vents were blocked causing a mold issue, resolved the cause and mold. Insulated everything sheetrocked and spackled in 2 days then the baby came 2 weeks early. 4 months later finished spackling sanding and now painting.

Here are progression shots, and fuck spackle dust.

Where we were back in Feb?
PXL_20210220_155457507.jpg

Early March
PXL_20210304_182032079.jpg

Baby was born I had to stop

Picking up on Monday after the boys are asleep I spackle sand sand sand sand and now paint. Going to cut in the am and move everything in.

PXL_20210716_041307161.jpg

Yes I think it’s cooler for sure. Was long overdue I don’t even know when it was ever done.

And I do have an AC service guy coming Friday but not @serviceguy LOL.

The HVAC "service" guy I use finally was able to come by today.

Told me that I did a great job on repairing it and cleaning the condenser because to him the house feels nice and cold considering how hot its been outside.

The whole central AC/Furnace is 18 years old and considering it's age he doesn't think there's anything else he needs to do right now. Advised that on the next "major" repair he said to consider replacing things (i.e. if condenser fan motor goes bad, just replace the whole condenser).

One thing we did look at was why the two middle bedrooms get so hot, and as I expected its because the cold air feed runs through the garage and has old shitty insulation around it. suggested to wrap it or frame it off with insulation board which should help it retain some cold air and also cut down on the humidity levels of the air it sends through. This was something I always planned to do but kept putting off. I don't really want to work on that in the garage when its 1000 degrees out either but it can wait until I can finally shake this head cold I have had since Monday.

On the way out he also said he's been looking for a helper if I'm interested and I dont think he was kidding! LOL. And then he didn't charge me anything for his visit. Score.

Now off to pack up the 4 window AC units and bring them back to Lowes this weekend.

1626468866942.png

Back
Top Bottom