The DIY thread - DIYourself

Hmmm thanks for the thoughts I am looking for something more portable than my 16gallon beast which some pita to haul out of the basement. I would vacuum the cars more frequently if I had a smaller guy (battery optional). Maybe I'll look into their hybrid vacuum then (since I already have the batteries)
I’ve had my eyes on the 2 gallons corded / cordless one for a while. Seems legit. Not sure how they managed compatibility with both 18V and 20V since the two systems are completely different mechanically, would love to see it in person before buying it.

Hmmm thanks for the thoughts I am looking for something more portable than my 16gallon beast which some pita to haul out of the basement. I would vacuum the cars more frequently if I had a smaller guy (battery optional). Maybe I'll look into their hybrid vacuum then (since I already have the batteries)
Doesn’t really help you, but the Ryobi +one I have with my 18v set is fantastic. Very powerful for its size and so convenient.

I’ve had my eyes on the 2 gallons corded / cordless one for a while. Seems legit. Not sure how they managed compatibility with both 18V and 20V since the two systems are completely different mechanically, would love to see it in person before buying it.

id imagine the same way they did my jobsite radio, seems to work well. and that 2 gallon is exactly the one im eyeing up.20200829_113502.jpg

Thanks, they should have included that picture in the deWalt website. Will it fit the 60V battery? I know they're electrically compatible but they're a lot bigger than the 20V (at least the ones I have).

this one will(this is my radio), idk what the clearance looks like on the 2gal vacuum, it would hang out the back further is all,

EDIT: based on the pictures the 60v battery should fit in there no problem.

Been dealing with a pesky leak under the kitchen sink. Changed all the abs trap joins, which is already a pita to find around here, a few days later still leaking. Then I noticed this today. How is water get in there? Any options to repair other than a replacement? Sink only 6-7 years old and we got a heavy duty one to last longer...
IMG_20200829_135351.jpg

If your sink has the extra spray hose attachment check the handle for leaks while running the water but not using the hose. mine kept leaking water slowly down the hose when the handle was in the mount and it wasn’t obvious until I took the handle part way out to watch.

Been dealing with a pesky leak under the kitchen sink. Changed all the abs trap joins, which is already a pita to find around here, a few days later still leaking. Then I noticed this today. How is water get in there? Any options to repair other than a replacement? Sink only 6-7 years old and we got a heavy duty one to last longer...
View attachment 138271

grind it, then JB weld?
worked on my truck radiator!

i'd imagine it will eventually flake on the inside. ??

grind it, then JB weld?
worked on my truck radiator!

i'd imagine it will eventually flake on the inside. ??
Actually think it's getting in between the sink and countertop. There's no bead of silicone preventing water getting under and it not coming from the faucet.
IMG_20200829_162542.jpgIMG_20200829_162435.jpg

And there some funky Euro sizing I can't find anywhere for the trap nut. Off by about 2-3mm. Hope I don't need to cut and join a section for a more common size.
IMG_20200829_135722.jpg

Mold Control from Homies.
Works like a champ.
Just be sure to clear up the source too, otherwise you’re just sisyphus.
it's a finished attic when they insulated they didn't put hips in so I'm tearing out all the sheetrock and getting new insulation and installing hips and possibly a fan

it's a finished attic when they insulated they didn't put hips in so I'm tearing out all the sheetrock and getting new insulation and installing hips and possibly a fan
So this is to remediate the trusses/studs/plywood?
Mold Control should work well on those surfaces.

And while that situ sucks, I’ll share my friends’ tale of woe-
During Hurricane Julio Iglesias, power flickered off and on at the cabin they built themselves just a few years ago. They showed up to find the HVAC system had reset to 94*. Add that with chilly nights, the entire house was covered in condensation. Doors were buckled, all Sheetrock soaking, moldy and/or in a puddle on the floor.
They have their work cut out for sure.

So this is to remediate the trusses/studs/plywood?
Mold Control should work well on those surfaces.

And while that situ sucks, I’ll share my friends’ tale of woe-
During Hurricane Julio Iglesias, power flickered off and on at the cabin they built themselves just a few years ago. They showed up to find the HVAC system had reset to 94*. Add that with chilly nights, the entire house was covered in condensation. Doors were buckled, all Sheetrock soaking, moldy and/or in a puddle on the floor.
They have their work cut out for sure.

That's my target to remediate, I'm off for vacation labor day week so I hope to have it done that week and carpeted the next. Kinda hope my wife will let me do hardwood flooring but it will be my son's play room since we don't ever go up there.

I hope redoing the insulation will help with normalizing the temperature and if it doesn't I'll put a mini spit in the spring.

If I could wait another year we wouldn't do any of this since I wanted to put in dormers when we replace the roof.

That's my target to remediate, I'm off for vacation labor day week so I hope to have it done that week and carpeted the next. Kinda hope my wife will let me do hardwood flooring but it will be my son's play room since we don't ever go up there.

I hope redoing the insulation will help with normalizing the temperature and if it doesn't I'll put a mini spit in the spring.

If I could wait another year we wouldn't do any of this since I wanted to put in dormers when we replace the roof.
Cork flooring we have it in the kids room and it is great. Durable quiet and kid resistant.
Also my brother researched and used Borax for his remediation. He contacted remediation companies and was advised that’s what they use helps to kill and encapsulate.

Cork flooring we have it in the kids room and it is great. Durable quiet and kid resistant.
Also my brother researched and used Borax for his remediation. He contacted remediation companies and was advised that’s what they use helps to kill and encapsulate.
It says it's not for porous material :/

Hips? Did you mean hip or ridge vents? Assuming the insulation and Sheetrock you’re talking about is hanging on the rafters, you need to add baffles in order to leave some empty space between the new insulation and the roof plywood for the air to move towards the vents, also you need soffit vents for fresh air to get sucked in and move to the hip/ ridge vents In case they’re not there already. I wouldn’t play around with mold either, especially if your kid already has respiratory issues and that is his play room.

Last edited:
Hips? Did you mean hip or ridge vents? Assuming the insulation and Sheetrock you’re talking about is hanging on the rafters, you need to add baffles in order to leave some empty space between the new insulation and the roof plywood for the air to move towards the vents, also you need soffit vents for fresh air to get sucked in and move to the hip/ ridge vents In case they’re not there already. I wouldn’t play around with mold either, especially if your kid already has respiratory issues and that is his play room.

We don't use the space at all currently but have had the space tested and the mold tested and it is safe to be up there just inconvenient. Luckily the situation hasn't gotten worse once I get this done we're going to retest. I am renting an air scrubber and hepa vacuum.

I have gable vents only I don't have a ridge vent which is why I'm putting in powered fans.

By hips I mean baffles just what I grew up with those being called. I have soffit vents

Sorry this is out of order for answering

We don't use the space at all currently but have had the space tested and the mold tested and it is safe to be up there just inconvenient. Luckily the situation hasn't gotten worse once I get this done we're going to retest. I am renting an air scrubber and hepa vacuum.

I have gable vents only I don't have a ridge vent which is why I'm putting in powered fans.

By hips I mean baffles just what I grew up with those being called. I have soffit vents

Sorry this is out of order for answering
Yep, vents on one end with no baffles are no use. Looks like you got it covered.

Back
Top Bottom