The Dilemma...

BiknBen

I drove to work on Monday with my bike. I rode home last night and left my car at the office. I rode in this morning with a sweet tailwind. I now have a choice for my commute home. Ride or drive? The wind is fading now which is good. The forecast for tomorrow morning is questionable; 30F with 30% chance of mixed precip. and a headwind. If I ride home, I have to ride in. :hmmm:

Over the weekend, I took the CX tires off the Surly and put the skinnies back on. :mad:

Stay tuned. :rolleyes:

Allow me to explain a little. I had to drive in Monday morning cause I did not have food or clean clothes at work. I was planning/hoping to leave my car till Wednesday. I have to drive home on Wednesday to make a dinner reservation.

Wobbegong

Take the car and ride when your home.

Tomorrow:

Rain and snow likely in the morning...then a chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Total snow accumulation up to 1 inch possible. Very windy with highs in the upper 30s. Temperature falling in the afternoon.Southwest winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph...becoming northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

BiknBen

Or should I pack up the bike in the car and do this ride? :hmmm:

If your itching to get out tonight, we are meeting at the Shop Rite parking lot in Montgomery (Rt.206 & Rt.518) for a 6:15 pm wheels down ride into the Sourlands.

This ride will be at a "man did I drink a lot of beer and eat a lot of sausage last week" pace. Lights needed front and rear (Red blinker), there are no street lights in the hills.

So far its M3tim, ThatmanManny, MTBDawgJeff (I think) and yours truly. Warcricket is turning wheel tricks tonight, so he backed out on us. :D

This is a social ride, around 2 hrs. or less, with some climbing. We usually don't work a very tight pace line for safety sake in the darkness. Usually its just us in a group BS'in.

Disclaimer: This ride isnt for you if:
Your offended by sex dolls dressed in MTBNJ kits.
Your afraid of abandoned asylums.
Your scared of Llamas or Cows.

We all find this kind of stuff funny and/or interesting, and will see most of them tonight.

J.

Damn...It could take me a while to get through Princeton.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How far is the shortest distance between home/work?

And how long to swap the cx tires back on?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
The solution...

If you have extra clothes at work, ride in, you'll just get wet if it rains. 30% wouldn't be enough for me to give up a ride:D Or better yet. Drive home with your bike, call in sick tomorrow and come with us to Round Valley;)

-Jim.

BiknBen

Looks like you gambled and won.

Yes. It all worked out fine.

I commuted by bike 4 days in the last two weeks. I like the low traffic with people taking vacation and schools being off. We'll see if I can continue next week.

I think 29-30F is my commute limit. I did 27F one day last week but used hand warmers. My face gets red and windburned, etc. Not worth the hassle to ride to work.

I've been doing a good job of mixing in weeknight MTB rides and even some road rides when weather allows. That gets me through the week without feeling the need to commute.

Wobbegong

Yes. It all worked out fine.

I commuted by bike 4 days in the last two weeks. I like the low traffic with people taking vacation and schools being off. We'll see if I can continue next week.

I think 29-30F is my commute limit. I did 27F one day last week but used hand warmers. My face gets red and windburned, etc. Not worth the hassle to ride to work.

I've been doing a good job of mixing in weeknight MTB rides and even some road rides when weather allows. That gets me through the week without feeling the need to commute.

No doubt the reduced traffic this week is nice. Rt. 1 was empty this morning, so nice. My drive was 5 min shorter.

Top Bottom